Dolphins Sign Dwayne Allen, Formerly Of The Patriots | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Dwayne Allen, Formerly Of The Patriots

Overpaying an ex Patriot ... anyone else have dèjá vu?

Someone explain to me how that resumé gets you $3.5 per. Vet minimum everywhere else ... decent payday in Miami. They never learn.

Whatever ... it's only $7 total and he'll be the best TE on the team by default. Could be worse I guess (I say that so much it's lost all meaning).

Personally, Its hard for me to call this an overpay. He’s only 29 and has 3 down TE ability. Even a guy like Benjamin Watson got 2.5 million in 2017 at age 37.

2/$5 million doesn't get him IMO.

Its a smart move IMO as Miami has nothing but youth at the position, high asset youth and Allen is a guy who could serve as a leader at the position for whats currently on the roster.

this is at most 3.5mill and he'll probably be starting because I doubt Gesicki starts. I like Smythe but Allen's been around. This is nothing to be real high about but also no reason to be upset. Not a lot of money really.

Personally, Its hard for me to call this an overpay. He’s only 29 and has 3 down TE ability. Even a guy like Benjamin Watson got 2.5 million in 2017 at age 37.

Its a smart move IMO as Miami has nothing but youth at the position, high asset youth and Allen is a guy who could serve as a leader at the position for whats currently on the roster.
Exactly. Nothing wrong here imo.

I don't know. You could pretty much say the same thing for any 29 year old TE with 100 yards in the past 2 seasons (That is not a misprint. Apparently, you can still get $3.5 mil per *in Miami* even after your totals have totally nose dived off a cliff.) Hell, any TE in the league with Miami's current "talent".

And we're assuming he's going to get better production away from that great TE system he just left ... I'll believe it when I see it.

Allen, for 2 years @ $3.5m isn't bad at all. He's a tremendous blocker and knows the system. Can't hurt to have him on the roster.

I don't know. You could pretty much say the same thing for any 29 year old TE with 100 yards in the past 2 seasons (That is not a misprint. Apparently, you can still get $3.5 mil per *in Miami* even after your totals have totally nose dived off a cliff.) Hell, any TE in the league with Miami's current "talent".

And we're assuming he's going to get better production away from that great TE system he just left ... I'll believe it when I see it.
He probably won't catch a lot of passes this year, specially when we don't even know who the QB will be but he's going to be use as a blocker for the most part. I'd be upset if this was big money but at most 7mill and we don't know the details yet. It could be that we can cut him after one year with no dead money like they just did with Amendola for all we know.

This isnt supposed to be a toe tingling signing. It's a smart move signing a guy who knows his role in the offense he already knows, for a solid deal. Savy move by the front office signing a cut player who will help us in run and pass game, Geisecki now will stop pretending to be a blocker and will be used as move TE.

This isnt supposed to be a toe tingling signing. It's a smart move signing a guy who knows his role in the offense he already knows, for a solid deal. Savy move by the front office signing a cut player who will help us in run and pass game, Geisecki now will stop pretending to be a blocker and will be used as move TE.

I think savy is a good way to describe it. Not many of us were thinking about the TE position but we have a lot of young talent there and Allen is the type of guy that could accelerate bringing all of it together.

He probably won't catch a lot of passes this year, specially when we don't even know who the QB will be but he's going to be use as a blocker for the most part. I'd be upset if this was big money but at most 7mill and we don't know the details yet. It could be that we can cut him after one year with no dead money like they just did with Amendola for all we know.

I thought about him exclusively being a blocking TE, but wouldn't that just take snaps away from Smythe?

We're hoping his former coach saw something the past few seasons and has a niche role all carved out for him.

Back
Top Bottom