Dolphins Sign Dwayne Allen, Formerly Of The Patriots | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Dwayne Allen, Formerly Of The Patriots

I thought about him exclusively being a blocking TE, but wouldn't that just take snaps away from Smythe?

We're hoping his former coach saw something the past few seasons and has a niche role all carved out for him.
It will take some snaps away for sure but I'm hoping Smythe can learn a few things from him. I'd think we'll keep 4 TE's. I can't see Gesicki or Smythe being cut and O'leary has a contract tho I'm not sure if his money's guarantee or not.

I believe the dead money on O'leary is 100K only

Smythe wasnt all he was talked up to be last year.

But that's the thing is TEs take a few years to develop whether they're receivers, blockers or the total package. It takes time and young fans dont understand the millennial way of instant gratification thinking and understanding. Most prospects don't really pay off until midway through 2 to 3rd years in the league.

Some blow up right away, but that's not normal and expecting greatness day one will always be a let down.

It will take some snaps away for sure but I'm hoping Smythe can learn a few things from him. I'd think we'll keep 4 TE's. I can't see Gesicki or Smythe being cut and O'leary has a contract tho I'm not sure if his money's guarantee or not.

I believe the dead money on O'leary is 100K only

Allen, Gesicki, Smythe, and O'Leary. Holy **** that's a depressing TE group. But I guess you can't get mad if they don't produce when they're 2nd year rooks and bargain bin finds who make a total of like $5 mil a year ... I didn't research that due to how little it actually matters.

Definitely a good group to tank with. :up:

I mean Amendola’s contract was a very straightforward 2/$12 million. $6 million each season.

My mistake. I was under the assumption is one of those low first year/high second year contracts. I stand corrected.

Smythe wasnt all he was talked up to be last year.

But that's the thing is TEs take a few years to develop whether they're receivers, blockers or the total package. It takes time and young fans dont understand the millennial way of instant gratification thinking and understanding. Most prospects don't really pay off until midway through 2 to 3rd years in the league.

Some blow up right away, but that's not normal and expecting greatness day one will always be a let down.

Smythe was a fifth round pick. Who was talking him up?

I wanted to draft this dude when he was coming out. I wanted to sign him a few years ago as a FA.

Now?

It makes some sense if your keeping RT.

If your not, it doesn't.

I wanted to draft this dude when he was coming out. I wanted to sign him a few years ago as a FA.

Now?

It makes some sense if your keeping RT.

If your not, it doesn't.
Well, at least his contract is for less money than every free agent we got last year and he's younger than all of them except Wilson. We didn't break the bank here, he's only 29 and a great blocker.

Back
Top Bottom