Dolphins sign Earl Mitchell | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Earl Mitchell

Vernon/Mitchell/Odrick/Wake would be an insanely athletic defensive line.

....well all I can say is getting more "athletic" LBers didnt work out too good last year. An athletic DT/NT who's a bit light in the shorts is concerning when having to fight off blocks and tackle NFL running backs...just sayin

Chargers beat writer saying he most likely signs with us

Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 18m
Chargers very much in mix for Texans NT Earl Mitchell, per source. Dolphins appear to be, however, his most likely suitor.

https://twitter.com/UTgehlken/

An interesting combo would be this guy and Brandon Spikes. Spikes is a real thumper that can take on any G or C. This might give us the ability to have faster DTs and still defend the run. I can't recall any team trying this besides NE, and even their DTs were bigger than the duo we would have.

I would like to see Mitchell sign and a second tier wide body. The run defense will not get better until the LB's improve, however.

Earl Mitchell would be a good signing, but we would still need another DT for depth behind him and Odrick.

An interesting combo would be this guy and Brandon Spikes. Spikes is a real thumper that can take on any G or C. This might give us the ability to have faster DTs and still defend the run. I can't recall any team trying this besides NE, and even their DTs were bigger than the duo we would have.

He's slower than a slug with poor with ethic. Pass.

Dolphins flying in Earl Mitchell

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 30s

ESPN reports Mitchell deal will be four years, $16 million.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 26s

Meanwhile, I can report this: The Dolphins are flying in DT Earl Mitchell for a visit tonight. Clearly top priority at that position.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 19s

DT Earl Mitchell reaches deal with Dolphins, ESPN reports.

Agrees with Miami per ESPN.

GREAT GREAT move.

Back
Top Bottom