Dolphins sign first round pick Jaelan Phillips | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign first round pick Jaelan Phillips

I gotta admit this is the prospect who most excites me. He's a quick learner and you can see him be more productive in the 4th quarter than the 1st quarter because he learns his opponent as he plays and he sets them up to be beaten. And this kid has the tools to exploit those situations and win a LOT. Scrappy, great motor, long, can bend, quick, fast, a bit of power for a DE/OLB, smart, and a consummate warrior. Jaelan Phillips is going to be an awesome addition to this defense. I can't wait.

Fins M'F'in UP!
i agree. He's going to rip Cam Newtons head off week one. Cant wait.

You know, this is the 1st year that I really have no idea which Drift pick I want to see more.

Jaylen Waddle: Can't wait to see DBs trying to cover him, or even try to control him.

Jaelan Phillips: Can't wait to see him become a pass-rushing force that can also do well against the run.

Jevon Holland: With X being an INT machine, can't wait to see if in trying to stay away from X, Holland feasts earlier then expected with a few of his own.

Liam Eichenberg: The O-line will be key to how successful Miami can be, Liam has not given up sack In a few years, he could add a boost to help Miami succeed if he continues.

Hunter Long: How talented could he be? Pretty excited to see him and Gesicki in the redzone.

Gerrid Doaks: Few expect much from him, but there is serious talent here, can't wait to see how he grows into the NFL game in year 1.

Very exciting year if you're a Dolphins fan.
I'm too excited for words.

Add the rookies (above) to Year Two Tua, Austin, Iggy, Hunt, Kindley, Raekwon, etc.

I am looking forward to so much goodness.

I gotta admit this is the prospect who most excites me. He's a quick learner and you can see him be more productive in the 4th quarter than the 1st quarter because he learns his opponent as he plays and he sets them up to be beaten. And this kid has the tools to exploit those situations and win a LOT. Scrappy, great motor, long, can bend, quick, fast, a bit of power for a DE/OLB, smart, and a consummate warrior. Jaelan Phillips is going to be an awesome addition to this defense. I can't wait.

Fins M'F'in UP!
I agree. He's going to rip Cam Newtons head off week one. Cant wait.

I'm a line guy... it's almost a fetish.

But obtaining Eichenberg might be the piece that really generates the best return. If it goes as we hope, and if Eichenberg plays Right Tackle at a plus level... right away, and Hunt thrives (as many think he will) at RG, Tua will have more time, maybe LOTS more time to find 2nd and 3rd reads.

This will allow Tua to settle, to process, and to lose the jitters that plagued him last year. Tua with time could resemble Brees with time... and that's money.
I will admit I can’t stand Norte Dame football but I loved the Eichenberg pick. Just like the Alabama players on the roster, I forgive them for their choice of college once they become a Dolphin.

WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG!

Season 4 Episode 10 GIF by The Office

Fins M'F'in UP!

So is he on paper what Dion Jordan was supposed to be?

While we have high expectations for these kids, they’re rookies and learning. We should bring it down a notch. But I expect Phillips and waddle to show flashes for sure.

Back
Top Bottom