Dolphins Sign Former Um Tight End Clive Walford

NYPhinzFan

Scout Team
Reaction score
Clive Walford TE, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins signed TE Clive Walford to a one-year contract.
It's a homecoming for Walford, who was a third-round pick out of Miami in 2015. The Dolphins have Mike Gesicki as their starter and signed Dwayne Allen to be their blocking tight end. Walford will compete with Nick O'Leary and Durham Smythe for a reserve role.
And here I thought Ol' Dirty Bastard the rapper was dead. Guess he's suiting up for the Fins in 2019

hoops

Tua time!
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Well at least gesicki got some camp comp even if Walford has been an underachiever

spiketex

Farewell El Bravo 47
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I also don't understand it. Why the hell are they wasting time, effort and money on a washed up 4th string TE? We still have lots of needs, like Patriots discards, O-line, D-line and perhaps a QB.

Jimi

The World Is Yours
Reaction score
I wonder if Grier was overruled on drafting Gesicki and maybe even Smythe.

I'm probably reading too much into two low profile TE signings, but it does just seem a little odd that are first two pickups are both at the position we "in theory" have depth at.

dlockz

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
This one I don't get at all. The four tight ends already on the roster are all safe bets to make the team, IMO.
Outside of Geiseki none should be a safe bet for anything esp with Alllen's latest propensity to underachieve and be injured

PCmor

Continuity
Reaction score
Tight ends are the new market inefficiency. Front office plans to field a team comprised entirely of TEs.

truedolfan57

Starter
Reaction score
Is it legal to be in gun formation, center snaps the ball, the guards and tackles who are really TE's do a short curl route, QB passes to any of the wide open TE's. 5yds a clip is more than you need per play. LOL

dlockz

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
Is it legal to be in gun formation, center snaps the ball, the guards and tackles who are really TE's do a short curl route, QB passes to any of the wide open TE's. 5yds a clip is more than you need per play. LOL
what we basically don't have one good tight end so maybe with the competition somebody will get better or somebody willwrecover form. at this point nobody on our roster deserves to be a starting NFL tight ends so we shall see

Feverdream

Starter
Reaction score
Count on this being for vet minimum, so it wont even count against the cap.

A no risk move.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Top Bottom