Dolphins Sign Former Um Tight End Clive Walford | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Former Um Tight End Clive Walford

Clive Walford TE, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins signed TE Clive Walford to a one-year contract.
It's a homecoming for Walford, who was a third-round pick out of Miami in 2015. The Dolphins have Mike Gesicki as their starter and signed Dwayne Allen to be their blocking tight end. Walford will compete with Nick O'Leary and Durham Smythe for a reserve role.

And here I thought Ol' Dirty Bastard the rapper was dead. Guess he's suiting up for the Fins in 2019

latest

Well at least gesicki got some camp comp even if Walford has been an underachiever

I wonder if Grier was overruled on drafting Gesicki and maybe even Smythe.

I'm probably reading too much into two low profile TE signings, but it does just seem a little odd that are first two pickups are both at the position we "in theory" have depth at.

This one I don't get at all. The four tight ends already on the roster are all safe bets to make the team, IMO.
Outside of Geiseki none should be a safe bet for anything esp with Alllen's latest propensity to underachieve and be injured

Tight ends are the new market inefficiency. Front office plans to field a team comprised entirely of TEs.

Is it legal to be in gun formation, center snaps the ball, the guards and tackles who are really TE's do a short curl route, QB passes to any of the wide open TE's. 5yds a clip is more than you need per play. LOL

Is it legal to be in gun formation, center snaps the ball, the guards and tackles who are really TE's do a short curl route, QB passes to any of the wide open TE's. 5yds a clip is more than you need per play. LOL

what we basically don't have one good tight end so maybe with the competition somebody will get better or somebody willwrecover form. at this point nobody on our roster deserves to be a starting NFL tight ends so we shall see

Count on this being for vet minimum, so it wont even count against the cap.

A no risk move.

Back
Top Bottom