Dolphins Sign Hroniss Grasu, Place Jake Brendel On Ir | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Hroniss Grasu, Place Jake Brendel On Ir

Well I'm disappointed about Brendel, but I've been happy with Swanson, so it's not as big of an issue as long as Swanson stays healthy. Grasu is one of those guys who is quick and fast, but really lacks the sand in his pants to anchor against bull rushes or blow open run lanes. He's strictly a wall-off guy who excels at pulling. He's probably too small to play anything but center, and he'll be our last OL. Not a bad technician, but against power he is going to get eaten alive, so he needs to either be pulling, where he can take on LB's, or double-teaming. All in all, definitely not as good as Brendel.

Well I'm disappointed about Brendel, but I've been happy with Swanson, so it's not as big of an issue as long as Swanson stays healthy. Grasu is one of those guys who is quick and fast, but really lacks the sand in his pants to anchor against bull rushes or blow open run lanes. He's strictly a wall-off guy who excels at pulling. He's probably too small to play anything but center, and he'll be our last OL. Not a bad technician, but against power he is going to get eaten alive, so he needs to either be pulling, where he can take on LB's, or double-teaming. All in all, definitely not as good as Brendel.
Could he play in a lead blocker role lining up at fullback? And no Im not joking, this is a serious question... We've seen the Fins lineup in 2-back sets under center more lately... If they plan to grind the ball more, this could be a way to do it...

Edit: Nevermind, just looked him up, doesnt fit the role at all...lol!

What cracks me up is these dudes on here squawking about every team has injuries and OL issues....man please!

Well that sucks. Grasu is soft

2nd best grade o lineman we had playing done for the year.

Looks like Larsen’s gig the rest of the way.

Swanson with likely wesley Johnson as larsens backup left guard. Grasu backup pivot

Back
Top Bottom