Dolphins Sign Hroniss Grasu, Place Jake Brendel On Ir | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Hroniss Grasu, Place Jake Brendel On Ir

Well I'm disappointed about Brendel, but I've been happy with Swanson, so it's not as big of an issue as long as Swanson stays healthy. Grasu is one of those guys who is quick and fast, but really lacks the sand in his pants to anchor against bull rushes or blow open run lanes. He's strictly a wall-off guy who excels at pulling. He's probably too small to play anything but center, and he'll be our last OL. Not a bad technician, but against power he is going to get eaten alive, so he needs to either be pulling, where he can take on LB's, or double-teaming. All in all, definitely not as good as Brendel.

I appreciate this kind of knowledgeable, well informed post as opposed to the emotional Hamster droppings I see far too often.

I think people complaining about which player we get in in week 14 of the season are being a little unrealistic. Did anyone expect us to bring in a pro bowler? I get down on this team often but even I know what to expect at this point.

I need a translation of "****" to know if I like this or not. Does **** = swee or does it equal what, or something else, possibly more negative?

Brendel was a pretty good backup. Really disappointing to see him back on IR. Next time we lose an OL to injury and we're testing the waters of street free agency again.

From everything I have read/heard Swanson is playing pretty good. Maybe one less need for next year.

Swanson is about one or two more concussions away from retiring early...

That said, he was a starting center until he kept getting his bell rung.

Bad news about Brendel, hopefully Larsen’s confidence is on the rise after his block during the Miami Miracle and amazing support he got from the team after.
I'm hoping he was dinged up (he was injured earlier in the year) and he is feeling better and better.

The stretch of poor play was from playing hurt.

I'm not expecting pro bowl play now, just steady.

I'm an optimist!

2015 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Hroniss Grasu

Strengths:Quick to the second level
Agile
Plays with excellent technique
Pad level
Good balance
Can match up on speed rushers
Anchors well against bull rushers
Effective in double-teams
Pulls well
Gets to blocks on the second level
Scheme versatile
Conditioning
Experienced
Intelligent
Work ethic
Leader

Weaknesses
Durability
Needs more power
Short arms (32 1/8 inches)
Not a bull in short yardage

Summary: Grasu spent the past four season as an engine in the Oregon Ducks' high-paced offense. While Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Mariota got a lot of attention, he had a strong offensive line that was the steady force for the Oregon offense.

Grasu broke into the starting lineup as a freshman and was an All-Freshman selection by many media outlets in 2011. He improved as a sophomore save a game against Stanford in which the offensive line generally struggled. Grasu had another quality season in 2013 except for outings against UCLA, Stanford, and Oregon State. 2014 was the senior's best season. He was very consistent in pass protection to keep a clean pocket for Marcus Mariota. Grasu had an excellent game against Florida State against Eddie Goldman and Mario Edwards Jr. Grasu also played better against Stanford than he had at other points in his career. He was still limited with an injury during the Combine and didn't work out on the field.

Grasu is a quick and athletic center who was a perfect fit in Oregon's high-paced attack. He moves well and did a fantastic job as a run-blocker while being very reliable in pass protection. Grasu is fast and agile to fire out of his stance to hit blocks on the second level. He is quick to get his double-teams and slides well to pick up blitzes coming down the middle.

With his experience and intelligence, Grasu should be very adept at calling the line protections and getting the front in the right setup before the snap. While he isn't all that big, he is athletic and quick. Grasu won't be a candidate to move to guard unless he can add some weight and is a natural center. With his quickness and athleticism, he would be an excellent fit in a zone-blocking system to be a part of a moving wall of blockers.

The biggest thing for Grasu to work on as a pro is adding more strength in the ground game. More strength in his base would help him against heavy nose tackles in a 3-4 defense that play a zero-technique and line up over the head of the center. Extra power would help him in short-yardage as well.

Grasu could be a second-day pick in the 2015 NFL Draft. In time, he should turn into a quality starting center.

2015 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Hroniss Grasu

Strengths:Quick to the second level
Agile
Plays with excellent technique
Pad level
Good balance
Can match up on speed rushers
Anchors well against bull rushers
Effective in double-teams
Pulls well
Gets to blocks on the second level
Scheme versatile
Conditioning
Experienced
Intelligent
Work ethic
Leader

Weaknesses
Durability
Needs more power
Short arms (32 1/8 inches)
Not a bull in short yardage

Summary: Grasu spent the past four season as an engine in the Oregon Ducks' high-paced offense. While Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Mariota got a lot of attention, he had a strong offensive line that was the steady force for the Oregon offense.

Grasu broke into the starting lineup as a freshman and was an All-Freshman selection by many media outlets in 2011. He improved as a sophomore save a game against Stanford in which the offensive line generally struggled. Grasu had another quality season in 2013 except for outings against UCLA, Stanford, and Oregon State. 2014 was the senior's best season. He was very consistent in pass protection to keep a clean pocket for Marcus Mariota. Grasu had an excellent game against Florida State against Eddie Goldman and Mario Edwards Jr. Grasu also played better against Stanford than he had at other points in his career. He was still limited with an injury during the Combine and didn't work out on the field.

Grasu is a quick and athletic center who was a perfect fit in Oregon's high-paced attack. He moves well and did a fantastic job as a run-blocker while being very reliable in pass protection. Grasu is fast and agile to fire out of his stance to hit blocks on the second level. He is quick to get his double-teams and slides well to pick up blitzes coming down the middle.

With his experience and intelligence, Grasu should be very adept at calling the line protections and getting the front in the right setup before the snap. While he isn't all that big, he is athletic and quick. Grasu won't be a candidate to move to guard unless he can add some weight and is a natural center. With his quickness and athleticism, he would be an excellent fit in a zone-blocking system to be a part of a moving wall of blockers.

The biggest thing for Grasu to work on as a pro is adding more strength in the ground game. More strength in his base would help him against heavy nose tackles in a 3-4 defense that play a zero-technique and line up over the head of the center. Extra power would help him in short-yardage as well.

Grasu could be a second-day pick in the 2015 NFL Draft. In time, he should turn into a quality starting center.
I haven't followed his pro career.

What has happened to him?

Could he play in a lead blocker role lining up at fullback? And no Im not joking, this is a serious question... We've seen the Fins lineup in 2-back sets under center more lately... If they plan to grind the ball more, this could be a way to do it...

Edit: Nevermind, just looked him up, doesnt fit the role at all...lol!
Yes, he definitely could, but he would probably need a bit of practice time doing it because typically the fullback gets low and blasts people out of the way, and Brendel isn't a power guy, he's the same sort as Mike Pouncey, very mobile and great at pulling to wall off LB's but he's not really the blow-people-up type of small muscular fire-hydrant that most FB's are. Isaac Asiata would be our best for the traditional FB role in the run game.

Back
Top Bottom