Dolphins Sign Hroniss Grasu, Place Jake Brendel On Ir | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Hroniss Grasu, Place Jake Brendel On Ir

#Bears C Hroniss Grasu's @PFF pass-blocking grade today was a 0.0 on their scale of 0-100, the first 0.0 pass blocking grade given out in the last two years. He allowed five hurries on 41 pass blocking snaps with two inaccurate shotgun snaps

If he only allowed 5 hurries on 41 pass blocking snaps... I'll take that every damn day of the week.. He didn't allow a sack in a limited role.

From everything I have read/heard Swanson is playing pretty good. Maybe one less need for next year.

Swanson is definitely playing well. I think this is proof that C is a position where it is easy to find competence. Remember Samson Satele stepping into for Mike Pouncey a few years ago and being entirely serviceable? And then walking right back into retirement?

I feel that when you have new guys in the line up on the offensive line or a bunch of new guys starting, it's better to run more because it is easier to run block than pass block. When you run block, you are more aggressive and hold your block for a shorter time because the running back is usually past the blocker in a few seconds. Pass blocking they have to hold the block much longer and the defender is the aggressor, also the QB moves around in the pocket and sometimes runs into trouble because the blocker is unaware he isn't in the pocket anymore. Besides, it is better to have balance on offense to keep defenses guessing and if you can't run, you are one dimensional.

I feel that when you have new guys in the line up on the offensive line or a bunch of new guys starting, it's better to run more because it is easier to run block than pass block. When you run block, you are more aggressive and hold your block for a shorter time because the running back is usually past the blocker in a few seconds. Pass blocking they have to hold the block much longer and the defender is the aggressor, also the QB moves around in the pocket and sometimes runs into trouble because the blocker is unaware he isn't in the pocket anymore. Besides, it is better to have balance on offense to keep defenses guessing and if you can't run, you are one dimensional.

Strongly agree. Also if Ryan Tannehill is on a pitch count because of his shoulder injury then it makes even more sense to run the football.

Seriously (based on the street grab) WTF is this (name your excrement) doing on the roster:

Isaac Asiata ????

if he sucks that bad cut his $hit loose!

What cracks me up is these dudes on here squawking about every team has injuries and OL issues....man please!

Every team has injuries and offensive line issues.

Losing someone like Jake Brendel is nothing. If the Vikings lost 3 players of that caliber in practice this week nobody here would care about it. Earlier this season we were actually bemoaning the loss of Kilgore. Meanwhile that position is significantly upgraded.

How can Dolphin fans claim the offensive line is terrible, and then whine about losing players from that line?

Every team has injuries and offensive line issues.

Losing someone like Jake Brendel is nothing. If the Vikings lost 3 players of that caliber in practice this week nobody here would care about it. Earlier this season we were actually bemoaning the loss of Kilgore. Meanwhile that position is significantly upgraded.

How can Dolphin fans claim the offensive line is terrible, and then whine about losing players from that line?

You greatly underestimate the Hamsters' ability to complain!

Swanson is definitely playing well. I think this is proof that C is a position where it is easy to find competence. Remember Samson Satele stepping into for Mike Pouncey a few years ago and being entirely serviceable? And then walking right back into retirement?

Satele actually wasn't that bad though....he just wasn't a powerful guy so the genius that is Sparano thought he wasn't good enough and he was one of many guys replaced by guys who were worse in that time.

Back
Top Bottom