Dolphins sign LB Micah Johnson | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign LB Micah Johnson

I like the signing i mean it was for depth and competiton and if they both blossom and pan out eventually it would be good i dont think he will have any impact right now or anything

I like the signing as well...at the least he's a training camp stud that hits hard...should help the o-line and RB's with there blocking technique!

i didnt like him during the draft process. i dont mind the signing since we didnt use a pick on him. as many have said, he is no replacement for Edds...we might not be done looking for a coverage ILB.

I watched Micah play at Kentucky every game. He was our best defender most of the time (Which isn't saying too much), and was always my favorite. It sucks that Edds is out but it is good to see a Kentucky player on the roster. (I don't know the last time that happened??) Hopefully we give him an opportunity to show what he can do. Don't count him out...

Lol I thought he'd be a dolphin pre-draft.

From watching his videos. He is slow but he does seem to make up for that with his instinct and vision. He reacts well and looked as though he rarely made a bad read. His speed is going to hinder him in coverage. He may be faster then what we think due to injuries he has had. So lets give him a chance. If he is good enough he will make the roster if not, he will probably be stashed on practice squad.

This is a bizarre pick to replace Edds. He's purely a 1st and 2nd down linebacker, you don't want this guy out there on 3rd down at all.

He is not meant to replace Edds. He is to fill a roster spot and get a shot; he played well in the SEC.

About the same speed as Brandon Spikes.

from what I read on all the scouting sites his speed is anywhere from 4.7 to 4.99 I don't care for that at all, but on the other hand a wr shouldn't be any slower than 4.5 and Boldin ran a 4.6 I believe so its all relative. Bill and co. must see something in the kid that goes beyond measured speed otherwise we wouldn't have picked him up.

i disagree with people who say he's slow on tape...i never watched the guy and questioned his speed for the next level...mostly because i never thought he was fully healthy and so much of the stufff i saw he was between the tackles and never in open field pursuit of a ballcarrier so i couldn't really get a definitive for me read ...he's not a 4.9 guy to me on tape...and there's some pop there upon contact

but the combine 40 time i kinda chalked up to not being healthy...whatever it was it was a bad number...no question there...

i disagree with people who say he's slow on tape...i never watched the guy and questioned his speed for the next level...mostly because i never thought he was fully healthy and so much of the stufff i saw he was between the tackles and never in open field pursuit of a ballcarrier so i couldn't really get a definitive for me read ...he's not a 4.9 guy to me on tape...and there's some pop there upon contact

but the combine 40 time i kinda chalked up to not being healthy...whatever it was it was a bad number...no question there...

being the SEC freak i am i watched all of his games. and while spikes and him may have run about the same 40 time - johnson played much slower than spikes. i still wanted him b/c i don't look too much into speed in reference to ILB's in the 3-4 (i mean come on - you want a thumper or a coverage guy there?) but he doesn't exactly move gracefully.

a few things though. you're right - the guy was always hurt in college. lots of leg stuff going on. could very well have been effected by it. second, the giants were pretty desperate for a MLB. desperate like they're depending on a cover-2 OLB to man that spot now (bulluck should be fine though). how did he get released by them? that one's a little scary.

brandon spikes lack of speed absolutely showed on tape...i bet to differ on that...

brandon spikes lack of speed absolutely showed on tape...i bet to differ on that...

i'm not that much of a gators apologist. i saw him run stride for stride with wide outs down the sideline and across the field plenty of times. spikes was straight money in coverage despite what anyone says. no kinks in that man's game. he'll be fine in the NFL - hate the fact that him, cunningham, and hernandez are patsies now. dolphin fans should be worried about that.

you can bet to differ. i'll beg to. :lol:

show me an instance where spikes ran stride for stride with a wr down the field in coverage...please do...i've yet to see that

cause coverage with brandon spikes was 99 percent stand a yard off the los at the snap and then read the qbs eyes and jump balls on the inside... and i hardly ever saw any instances where coverage with spikes was more than being responsible for the rb out of the backfield...

Back
Top Bottom