Dolphins sign LB Special teamer Cam Brown | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign LB Special teamer Cam Brown

will he make the punter better tho?

I do hope its no real guaranteed money. I would much rather a 4th round rookie LB with actual defensive potential to have a spot over a bunch of ST only players. If I'm not mistaken (which could be), the CB we signed only plays ST and hasnt really did **** at cornerback. So we are tying up 5 positions on Sunday for ST only players, P, K, LS, and ST aces
Siran Neal played a fair amount of slot corner earlier in his career and he was at least middling. Nik Needham level or so.

The linebacker room has a few bodies. Long, Brooks, Walker, Riley, Tindal on the inside... Chubb, Phillips, Barrett, Goode, Brown on the edge. Goode could be a PS option and replaced on the 53 roster and Tindal could be traded for a late day 3 pick. Would love it if we could trade either Tindal or Eichenberg with a 2025 3rd round pick for a 2024 3rd, but not sure anybody would be interested in that offer.
Brown is an ILB. Just a taller one.

so at ILB we have Long and Brooks as the starters.........after that we have Walker/Tindall/Duke and not this new guy......I think we'll carry 4 ILB's so who's not making the team?
With the new kickoff rules, we could see the best special teamers be the backup ILBs.

Great. ST is going to be a different animal on kickoffs but the guy looks like a wrecking ball.
When they get 20 tds on kickoffs next year around the league, ST players might actually be worth their money.

Yeah, I am not sure what to make of kickoffs now.

At first it appeared kickoffs will be irrelevant.

However, the rule changes now make it plausible that guys like Hill or Waddle may return kicks.

If that's the case, special teams have now become a truly critical unit to have a solid unit at.
And let it sink in that crossman still works for the team

When they get 20 tds on kickoffs next year around the league, ST players might actually be worth their money.
Just got me thinking, the new kickoff rules could be a good argument for expanding the active roster to 60, with 55 dressed on game days, so we could carry more dedicated ST players.

so at ILB we have Long and Brooks as the starters.........after that we have Walker/Tindall/Duke and not this new guy......I think we'll carry 4 ILB's so who's not making the team?
Brooks and walker can also play outside also

I'd like to see brooks and achane as returnees and they do miss-directions by passing each other and handing off to whoever has the clearer path like this:

I absolutely hate the change, and it's going to have a significant change to the NFL.

Seems like every season there's one more reason to hate the NFL's changes.

I absolutely hate the change, and it's going to have a significant change to the NFL.

Seems like every season there's one more reason to hate the NFL's changes.
Why hate it?
It's in for the year no matter what anyone thinks regardless..
They've done similar experiments with the instant replay etc, makes sense they did it similarly.
I personally think it will bring relevance back to special teams, it might need some tweaking though. My main concern is Crossman hasn't exactly shown me any inkling of what his job is and we will possibly lose games to bad special teams plays.

Back
Top Bottom