Dolphins sign Long Snapper Rex Sunahara | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Long Snapper Rex Sunahara

Not questionable to me.

This was coming just due to our long term long snappers age and expected years of functional play left. It was a business decision and represents a method we should expect to see in the future, where we release aging players BEFORE their performance drops off, to be replaced with players we have as backups or have just drafted. This is one of the things our new coaching staff had used in New England quite effectively.

With the effects of the pandemic on player availability, keeping depth at all positions is EXTREMLEY important. That certainly would account with what we just saw the front office do in free agency to assure we have a competent long snapper along with what's happening at some other positions on the team.

We need to get used to this kind of mind set from the front office. It insures a consistency of performance at a lower cost due to the limiting of the effect of the amount and duration of contracts of experienced players on our ability to always bring in a free agent in an emergency and to help control cap space.

I agree with you Ray. They knew Denny didn't have more than a year or two left in the tank and they weren't playing to win anything in 2019. Why pay more for a vet snapper on bad team than less for a rookie snapper on a bad team? Was keeping Denny really going to make that much of a difference? If you're throwing a really bad party and your goal is to throw a bad party, do you really want to pay for fine china or go cheap and just get paper plates?

I’ve always wondered what it was like to be a guy like him. You are signed for a few days and then you’re gone. Where did he stay to live those few days? Did he honestly think he was going to be around long? If not, why sign here in the first place?

Back
Top Bottom