Dolphins sign Missouri Cornerback Shirdonya Mitchell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Missouri Cornerback Shirdonya Mitchell

fins1

Sec 143Row 26 Seats 7,8
Club Member
Reaction score
Link http://www.miamifootball365.com/dolphins/shirdonya-mitchell040505.shtml

Quote:
"The Dolphins may have picked up a true diamond in the rough this past week. One of the various Miami Dolphins free agents signed this past week is a ball hawking speedy cornerback who was projected to be drafted in the fourth or fifth round before injuring his knee during a "Pro Day" workout in March."

I've heard alot of good things about this guy. Anyone seen him play?

Position: CB
Class: Sr
School: Missouri
Conference: Big 12
Ht., Wt.: 5-11, 190
40 Time: 4.34

ANALYSIS: A terrific athlete with a huge upside, Mitchell made major strides last season as a senior. Offers the computer numbers to eventually develop into a starting cornerback in the NFL yet needs time and repetition to fully learn the position.

The kid is suppose to have plently of upside to him, see link bellow

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2005/draft/players/58744.html

Very fast! But got hurt at workouts and most likely will spend the year on the DL.

4.34 40! Also returns punts and kickoffs

Scouts inc:
A terrific athlete with a hugh upside. Offers the computer numbers to eventually develope into a starting corner in the NFL yet needs time and repetition to fully learn the position.

Isnt Shirdonya a girls name? :lol:

Heres hoping his rehab is fast and effortless.

Disnardo said:
Position: CB
Class: Sr
School: Missouri
Conference: Big 12
Ht., Wt.: 5-11, 190
40 Time: 4.34

ANALYSIS: A terrific athlete with a huge upside, Mitchell made major strides last season as a senior. Offers the computer numbers to eventually develop into a starting cornerback in the NFL yet needs time and repetition to fully learn the position.

The kid is suppose to have plently of upside to him, see link bellow

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2005/draft/players/58744.html

This Kid seems to have alot of upside...I hope that the Dolphins are making a good investment.

bigmiamifan said:
Is this the kid that hurt his knees during the cone drill? I heard Saban liked him.
Saban does like him, I think in his Sunday Press Conference transcript he talked about him and I got the idea that Saban regards him like an Ogunleye, pick him up undrafted, on the DL for a yerar rehabbing and then a good cog to slip in when he is healthy.

How bad is his injury? They say it is possible for him to be able to play in August.

He's already had surgery and he's rehabing now....so that gives him about 3-4 months till hes about 85-95% ready depending on his personal recovery time.... but in about 2 months he'll be able to go full out running just no contact....So August would be a possibility but he's also got to get into "hittin' shape" so give him a couple weeks for that....

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Very fast! But got hurt at workouts and most likely will spend the year on the DL.

4.34 40! Also returns punts and kickoffs

Scouts inc:
A terrific athlete with a hugh upside. Offers the computer numbers to eventually develope into a starting corner in the NFL yet needs time and repetition to fully learn the position.
:yes:

I'm all for taking a chance on this kid.

It seems that he played WR for all but one year and was only marginally successful, but after his move to corner, the Missouri coaching staff was all about this kid.

I stand by this mentality, which I have stood by since with got Nick Saban:

Just trust that what Nick Saban does is right.

Back
Top Bottom