Dolphins sign OT Austin Jackson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign OT Austin Jackson

Interesting to see what it does to the cap, overthecap has us at 22.44 mil

Interesting to see what it does to the cap, overthecap has us at 22.44 mil
I think the $22m is incorrect. I believe Miami has about $29m. I saw that in a recent article in one of the Miami papers, I just can't remember which. As for Jackson, fantastic. Let's hope he develops into what he's expected to be.

In high school Jackson played on both the OL and DL as well as special teams. In addition he was on the track/field and basketball teams. He was a 5 star recruit and the top rated prospect from Arizona.

He played in every game at USC. For his freshman year he was a reserve player. For his sophomore and junior season he was the staring left tackle. He was first team all PAC 12 for his junior year. His grandfather was an OL guy for USC too and went on to play for the Packers.

IMHO he as already done enough to prove he doesn't suck. I suspect, given his young age (20), he will need a couple/few years to hit his peak. I too think he will become a good player for a long time.

When you saw guys like Isaiah Wilson and Ezra Cleveland go as early as they did I don't think you can fault the team for drafting Jackson and Hunt where they did. At the worst Hunt will be a great guard. If Ruiz was an okay pick in the 1st then Hunt was a steal.

Given a couple of years I think Jackson (LT), Kindley (RG), and Hunt (RT) will be a formidable group.

it would be great if Davenport, in his 3rd year in the league and Deiter in his second looked decent with a position change and Miami's young oline of Jackson LT, Kindley LG, Deiter C, Hunt RG and Davenport RT was set for at least the next 4 or 5 seasons.

I think the $22m is incorrect. I believe Miami has about $29m. I saw that in a recent article in one of the Miami papers, I just can't remember which. As for Jackson, fantastic. Let's hope he develops into what he's expected to be.
29 mil is from Spotrac before the contract, 22.4 mil is from overthecap before the contract and they listed Austin Jackson at 610k because they don't yet have the contract details, there will be a signing bonus and part of it will count against the cap. 22.4 - 610k = 21.8 missing part of signing bonus - Spotrac doesn't even list Austin Jackson yet

Not sure why there is 7.5 mil difference between the 2 one can only guess but I believe overthecap is closer to the real cap number, didn't always believe so but better to error with less money and be happy if the other is closer to the truth, still think OTC is closer.

Fingers crossed this guy doesn't suck. It would go such a long way towards what this team is trying to accomplish.

I believe this will fall mostly on the Dolphins coaching staff if he ends up sucking or not. He is so young, the coaching staff can still mold him into the type of player they want.

Coming out, he was one of the more athletic Tackles in this class, and he has very good size to work with, now comes the point where the coaching staff start coaching and teaching him, while Jackson shows everyone how much heart, and willingness to grow he has.

Back
Top Bottom