Dolphins Sign Qb Jake Rudock | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Qb Jake Rudock

He went to Super Bowl with Manning then the next season lost Manning to injury and had to play with Curtis Painter hence the 2-14 season. I’m sure Lions fans would love him back after one season with Matt Patricia as well.

Easily the best OC the Dolphins have had in 25 years.

Well...Since I really dont have a vote in the matter & cant change it anyway Im taking your word on it Dog...I expect a huge turnaround under the guiding hand of one Jim Caldwell.
I hope your right and history is wrong....That is to say Im pulling for the guy to succeed

The same one who set-back WF program for a decade and then orchestrated the 2-14 suck for Luck campaign with the Colts?

You can board that train but Im taking a pass on a 63 yo who has not got it done anywhere except for a couple of years with Peyton Manning...and seriously...who couldn't have won with Manning?

1993 Wake Forest 2–9 1–7 9th
1994 Wake Forest 3–8 1–7 8th
1995 Wake Forest 1–10 0–8 9th
1996 Wake Forest 3–8 1–7 8th
1997 Wake Forest 5–6 3–5 7th
1998 Wake Forest 3–8 2–6 7th
1999 Wake Forest 7–5 3–5 5th W Aloha
2000 Wake Forest 2–9 1–7 8th
Wake Forest: 26–63 12–52
Total: 26–63

Question is...with a record like that how do you ever GET to the NFL level?
Who has ever done well with Wake Forest?

Well...Since I really dont have a vote in the matter & cant change it anyway Im taking your word on it Dog...I expect a huge turnaround under the guiding hand of one Jim Caldwell.
I hope your right and history is wrong....That is to say Im pulling for the guy to succeed
We can only hope Dylan.

Who has ever done well with Wake Forest?
They have had some good ones that did well on either side of Caldwell...Jim Grobe followed Caldwell and had them playing tough as nails. The current Coach Clawson is not doing so bad either...So yea...Caldwell, not so much.

Maybe OC is his thing...guy should certainly have the experience part down by now. He has been coaching forever.

Ruddock was at ia for 2-3 years and got beat out by cj beathard. He takes the plays that are there, real smart guy, i think he was pre-med major, accurate short passer, played better under Harbaugh with um's skill players. Hes been better at Detroit than I expected him to be.

The fact that he has a medocre arm is a big red flag. Here is a scouting report from 2016:
Pros

Adequate zip between the numbers, flashed ability to thread the neeHere is a scouting report dle between defenders in the short-intermediate game. Mechanics and footwork are mostly sound, very methodical drop back passer. Flashed the ability to drop throws in the bucket over the top. More accurate on touch throws, but generally places the ball well in the 10-15 yard range game. Pro-style experience working from under center. Significant improvement in his final season.

Cons
Light frame. Heavy feet in the pocket, not agile enough to evade many oncoming rushers. Velocity to the field side is average at best. Loads the ball up on vertical shots. Arm is nothing special. Will airmail posts and corners routes at times. Can get skittish under pressure, bad starts can ruin him. Not gonna make many throws outside the pocket or when a play breaks down. Still learning to throw with ideal timing and anticipation. Will stare down targets at times. Mental aspects of the game are raw.

Analysis
Rudock is physically maxed out, but took big strides this year in his mastery of an offense and confidence from the pocket. There is enough in the toolset to be interested in Rudock’s development, but I didn’t see any outstanding characteristics that would get me excited. Jim Harbaugh did wonders with him at Michigan, but can an NFL coaching staff continue to cultivate his accuracy and ball placement? Rudock is very much a rhythm passer who can adequately operate an offense when the situation is right, but I don’t think he’ll ever be the guy to elevate his game under pressure.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/04/07/2016-nfl-draft-scouting-report-michigan-qb-jake-rudock/

Back
Top Bottom