Dolphins sign third-round TE Hunter Long day before training camp begins; one rookie remains unsigned | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign third-round TE Hunter Long day before training camp begins; one rookie remains unsigned

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins and third-round tight end Hunter Long agreed to terms on a rookie contract Monday, the day before players report for training camp, the team announced.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but since he was selected with the No. 81 pick, Long was slotted to earn $4,968,706 over the course of his four-year deal, including a signing bonus worth $973,604. He could earn more due to playing time escalators, which third- through seventh-round picks are eligible for, unlike first- and second-round selections.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...0210726-63wjbzh6vfhqra32xqdy6ywy3q-story.html

Our best pick in the entire draft Eichenberg is the only one that remains unsigned. Lets get r done!

Our best pick in the entire draft Eichenberg is the only one that remains unsigned. Lets get r done!
The best pick was Waddle but hopefully Eichenberg will come in and win the RT position. If he can’t beat out his competition for the starting position, that will be extremely disappointing. I really liked the pick but like every rookie, he has to come in and prove he can play at the NFL level.

I went back in time for this one...

This came from the VERY first season of Saturday Night Live...

Chevy Chase:
Well, as the primaries approach, more and more varied candidates are joining the fight for the Democratic ticket. The latest entry is Senator Robert Byrd. Byrd was once a member of the Ku Klux Klan, but says now that he deeply regrets that association. Byrd has been quoted as saying: "I don't judge a man by the color of his skin; I judge him according to the size of his nostrils."

I went back in time for this one...

This came from the VERY first season of Saturday Night Live...

Chevy Chase:
Well, as the primaries approach, more and more varied candidates are joining the fight for the Democratic ticket. The latest entry is Senator Robert Byrd. Byrd was once a member of the Ku Klux Klan, but says now that he deeply regrets that association. Byrd has been quoted as saying: "I don't judge a man by the color of his skin; I judge him according to the size of his nostrils."
??????

Best pick was Phillips by a lot, th we n probably Waddle, Holland, then maybe Eich.
I loved the Phillips pick and believe he was the best defensive player in the draft. Yet the only player I liked more than Waddle in the entire draft was Lawrence.

The Dolphins defense was very good last year and the biggest need was a playmaker on offense and another offensive lineman who can hopefully come in and start immediately. In Waddle and Eichenberg
I believe they drafted two players who can drastically upgrade the overall offense.

Phillips should develop into a star over the next few years if he can stay healthy and Holland should become a starting safety before the season ends, if not sooner.

On paper, it appears Grier killed the draft with his first 5 picks, including Long in the third round. It is very possible all five of those players will be starting for the Dolphins by the 2022 season.

Back
Top Bottom