Dolphins sign third-round TE Hunter Long day before training camp begins; one rookie remains unsigned | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign third-round TE Hunter Long day before training camp begins; one rookie remains unsigned

I loved the Phillips pick and believe he was the best defensive player in the draft. Yet the only player I liked more than Waddle in the entire draft was Lawrence.

The Dolphins defense was very good last year and the biggest need was a playmaker on offense and another offensive lineman who can hopefully come in and start immediately. In Waddle and Eichenberg
I believe they drafted two players who can drastically upgrade the overall offense.

Phillips should develop into a star over the next few years if he can stay healthy and Holland should become a starting safety before the season ends, if not sooner.

On paper, it appears Grier killed the draft with his first 5 picks, including Long in the third round. It is very possible all five of those players will be starting for the Dolphins by the 2022 season.
That's the plan... and it may well work.

I went back in time for this one...

This came from the VERY first season of Saturday Night Live...

Chevy Chase:
Well, as the primaries approach, more and more varied candidates are joining the fight for the Democratic ticket. The latest entry is Senator Robert Byrd. Byrd was once a member of the Ku Klux Klan, but says now that he deeply regrets that association. Byrd has been quoted as saying: "I don't judge a man by the color of his skin; I judge him according to the size of his nostrils."
The first season of that show was classic. Period.

Best pick was Phillips by a lot, th we n probably Waddle, Holland, then maybe Eich.

Though I agree those 3 guys up there may be better, more exciting draft picks, Eichenberg, could be our most important pick for possible Super success this season.

If the line finally plays well, gives Tua that extra second, gives our RBs that bit more room to run through...the skies the limit for this team this year.

Though I agree those 3 guys up there may be better, more exciting draft picks, Eichenberg, could be our most important pick for possible Super success this season.

If the line finally plays well, gives Tua that extra second, gives our RBs that bit more room to run through...the skies the limit for this team this year.

Tge line playing well depends on a lot more things than just Eich though. I'm also hoping he has a good season, but I don't see him as a cure all even if he's plug and play day one.

Tge line playing well depends on a lot more things than just Eich though. I'm also hoping he has a good season, but I don't see him as a cure all even if he's plug and play day one.
I also don't, all I expect from him is to do his job.and allow the rest to take care of itself.

The reason I think him at right tackle is so important is because...

1. Hunt is a much better guard then tackle, the moment Miami moved Hunt inside, the line got better if Eichenberg can do his job.

2. With Hunt at R-Guard, Solomon Kindley can go to his more natural position at left guard.

3. Jackson is very young, and very raw, but he showed some good things before getting hurt, he is extremely talented, with how athletic he is, at that huge size, he can be a very competent to possibly great L-Tackle in time.

4. At Center, Matt Skura, though up there in age, is very experienced, and with a good floor, but if Deiter manages to beat him in camp to start at Center, Miami possibly could have a very solid to very good O-line for years to come...If Eichenberg is able to do his part.

I don't expect to see much in the way of success early with the line, but I really believe we have the most talent on the line we have had in a long time, and once they sync together, they will be good...At least that's what I believe and hope.

Last edited:
I also don't, all I expect from him is to do his job.and allow the rest to take care of itself.

The reason I think him at right tackle is so important is because...

1. Hunt is a much better guard then tackle, the moment Miami moved Hunt inside, the line got better if Eichenberg can do his job.

2. With Hunt at R-Guard, Solomon Kindley can go to his more natural position at left guard.

3. Jackson is very young, and very raw, but he showed some good things before getting hurt, he is extremely talented, with how athletic he is, at that huge size, he can be a very competent to possibly great L-Tackle in time.

4. At Center, Matt Skura, though up there in age, is very experienced, and with a good floor, but if Deiter manages to beat him in camp to start at Center, Miami possibly could have a very solid to very good O-line for years to come...If Eichenberg is able to do his part.

I don't expect to see much in the way of success early with the line, but I really believe we have the most talent on the line we have had in a long time, and once they sync together, they will be good...At least that's what I believe and hope.

I also have hopes that our line should be improved. Really a lot depends on whether Skura regains his form and how our tackles look this year. Hopefully Jackson takes a nice step up in his game. I wanted to draft him so I think he will, but thats just my opinion. Then Eich hopefully having at least a good year for a rookie would really be nice.

Back
Top Bottom