Dolphins Signing CB Cre'Von LeBlanc To One-Year Deal | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Signing CB Cre'Von LeBlanc To One-Year Deal

Why do so many here on FH over “freaking” react to every FA signing we make? Can we simply let Flo and Co. fill out the roster prior to camp…..then see what comes from it? Many/most of these guys are competing for backup only/ST slots! Most of these signings on every team go largely unnoticed every year, yet they fill very important roles/holes in the teams success.
The term "camp bodies" comes to mind.

Basically you have to have enough guys with experience to field a "mock" squad on both sides of the ball to maximize reps.

Interesting signing. If I recall correctly he had major issues staying on the field over the past few seasons for Philly. When healthy he played fairly well.
He was their best cover CB...with the exception of Slay. The others were bad enough that anything the guy did made it seem like he was a lock. I smell a rat...but at least the smell doesn't cost us anything.

Maybe all the new guys don't even make the team? They could be competition for a roster spot but just as easily end up being just camp bodies.

With Flo, every spot is won not given...

Your right. We should all probably think before we speak.

This will be difficult for some and take away the fun from the more knowledgeable that comes with "corrective comments" - LOL

This guy looks like he is here to compete with Perry and McCourty for a deep depth spot. I'm going to bet against him making the team at all.

Howard, Jones, Iggy, Coleman, and Needham are all ahead of him right now... and better. Even if we trade Howard, a 27 year old career back up and 5 team journeyman seems like a longshot.

Good points, but I look at the defense a little differently. I feel it is better to have smart, disciplined , average defensive players who are not on the DL then part time good players. Consistency and playing as part of a defense which needs to react as a group to what an offense does; requires continuous availability in order to develop. A part time "super star" doesn't really cut it.

I watched a you tube presentations of "X's" interception. About 1/2 of those were on target to the the receiver's who either mishandled the ball or let it go over their heads, right into "X's" hands as he played deep, which was what he was supposed to be doing. This is also what I remembered seeing last year.

This means that anyone else playing the same position the play called for would have had those interceptions. This is not a criticism of "X", but an acknowledgement that our defensive play calling was often very effective.

Now we have in "X" a really good player who had limited availability as part of his history with the Dolphins. When his contract came up they gave him the biggest one for his position at that time. Now he wants even more though his contract is still in force, he's reaching his peak ( or may have peaked ), and he has now started to get "cute" and miss practice.

We have been bringing in more and better players for the defense in each of our last couple of drafts. We have also built depth via free agency. We are going to have a good defense this year with or without "X".

I think his move to try and get a new contract was idiotic considering the background our HC had with the Patriots.

We will now see what is more important for "X", his ego or playing football. In either case I believe we will trade him for draft picks as soon as we can get an acceptable deal; one which I suspect will be much less then many fans expect. I also suspect that "X" will never retire as a Dolphin, but that's just my opinion..

Good points, but I look at the defense a little differently. I feel it is better to have smart, disciplined , average defensive players who are not on the DL then part time good players. Consistency and playing as part of a defense which needs to react as a group to what an offense does; requires continuous availability in order to develop. A part time "super star" doesn't really cut it.

I watched a you tube presentations of "X's" interception. About 1/2 of those were on target to the the receiver's who either mishandled the ball or let it go over their heads, right into "X's" hands as he played deep, which was what he was supposed to be doing. This is also what I remembered seeing last year.

This means that anyone else playing the same position the play called for would have had those interceptions. This is not a criticism of "X", but an acknowledgement that our defensive play calling was often very effective.

Now we have in "X" a really good player who had limited availability as part of his history with the Dolphins. When his contract came up they gave him the biggest one for his position at that time. Now he wants even more though his contract is still in force, he's reaching his peak ( or may have peaked ), and he has now started to get "cute" and miss practice.

We have been bringing in more and better players for the defense in each of our last couple of drafts. We have also built depth via free agency. We are going to have a good defense this year with or without "X".

I think his move to try and get a new contract was idiotic considering the background our HC had with the Patriots.

We will now see what is more important for "X", his ego or playing football. In either case I believe we will trade him for draft picks as soon as we can get an acceptable deal; one which I suspect will be much less then many fans expect. I also suspect that "X" will never retire as a Dolphin, but that's just my opinion..
I'm not opposed to that opinion.

Players who are willing to play their role in a solid scheme are much more important than guys who freelance, and I think that's your central point.

I hope Hoard will come in and be willing to subjugate his ego to a team concept, and agree to play for the contract that he signed. I will be surprised if he does however... pleasantly surprised, but surprised nonetheless. I might even give back his (w).

instead of paying X... The all pro CB. we keep signing backup CB.. Wonder how this is going work out. dolphins gm at wk...just give k.c X and call it days...
Good Luck Charlie What GIF

Also if absolutely necessary, fail forward fast as a great head coach once said .. :rolleyes:

Yeah, terrible coach but I don't necessarily think his thought process on that was wrong.

If you have young players you expect mistakes, you want to have them make those mistakes and learn from them early on.

Back
Top Bottom