Dolphins six-pack: Dieter gets a look at center | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins six-pack: Dieter gets a look at center

Safe to say we all care, that’s why we’re here. We are fans were suppose to care

My point is....after a decade plus of failing to see much of any competent offensive line play...I DO NOT CARE WHO GETS IT DONE, JUST GET IT DONE.

But enjoy your soapbox.

Deiter has played one single year in the NFL. I think he needs a chance to prove he can play or not. At least he was healthy enough to play in every game last season which is more than many players can say. OL guys take time to develop sometimes.

Karras hopes to sign a big contract next year, he's on a classic one year prove-it deal in Miami
If he proves it with the a Dolphins, hopefully he will end up signing a long term contract with the Dolphins.
They certainly need a reliable center and it would be foolish to just let him walk after the season if he proves to be that reliable center they have been looking for.

If on the other hand he turns out to be another below average center, the Dolphins can try to upgrade the position in next years draft or in free agency if they don’t thank Karras or Dieter are the answer at the center position.

Last edited:
Deiter has played one single year in the NFL. I think he needs a chance to prove he can play or not. At least he was healthy enough to play in every game last season which is more than many players can say. OL guys take time to develop sometimes.
I agree.

Some ppl act like he waa a rd1pick.

You don't get day one pro bowlers with a mid third rounder. Those guys often take a year or two.

I agree.

Some ppl act like he waa a rd1pick.

You don't get day one pro bowlers with a mid third rounder. Those guys often take a year or two.
Exactly. I know he was a DT but Paul Soliai took a few years and became a pretty good player. There's a bunch of examples that we could come up with. The point is some players take longer than others.

Ted Karras was graded as a top 6 Center in the league last year. I don't know how Deiter could hope to see playing time unless Karras gets injured.

At least Deiter is versatile. Not sure if he takes the next step or not, but wouldn't be at all surprised if Miami drafted a center pretty high in next year's draft

He needs to be versatile as bad as he was last year for his own sake.

We need a back up center, I'm hoping Deiter wins that job because if he doesn't I'm not really sure how useful he is.

He played 16 games at C at Wisconsin. The rest of his four years was Left tackle on left guard. I think the take away is that he has never played on the right side and it looks like our left side starting spots are already taken by Jackson and flowers

Your point is very good. To be a value to the team you have to be on the field

A good example may be Howard who I think is on the PUP list

So basically what this all says to me is Dieter is yet another O-lineman the Fins drafted without really having a plan for.
How many 2-4th round o-linemen do we need to draft before we find someone serviceable. Was Todd Wade the last top notch one we drafted beyond round 1?

Who scouts our prospects for the line? Anyone know if it’s been the same people for a long time? Why can’t we hit on someone?

This “he’s a guard but may play center, etc” story has gotten so old for us. It never works for this team.

My point is....after a decade plus of failing to see much of any competent offensive line play...I DO NOT CARE WHO GETS IT DONE, JUST GET IT DONE.

But enjoy your soapbox.
I don’t know this soapbox you’re talking about or why your getting so bent, I was answering your question. I think we all care to some degree who starts and who dosent.

Back
Top Bottom