Dolphins Spoke to Lions about Trading for Swift After they Drafted Achane | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Spoke to Lions about Trading for Swift After they Drafted Achane

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
https://dolphinstalk.com/2023/05/do...-trading-for-swift-after-they-drafted-achane/

Many Dolphins fans don’t believe the team is interested in acquiring Dalvin Cook and adding to their running back room, especially after they selected Devon Achane in Round 3 of last week’s NFL draft. An ESPN report suggests otherwise and Miami is still very much interested in adding a running back to the roster. Per Jeremy Fowler of ESPN, the Dolphins were speaking to the Detroit Lions on day 3 of the NFL Draft (the day after they selected Devon Achane) about trading for running back D’andre Swift.

Miami’s interest must have been just below lukewarm based on the trade compensation (‘23 #219, R5.25) Detroit received from Philly, a contender in the same conference.

At a minimum, if Miami is still interested in Cook, the intel provides another market data point in negotiations with the Vikings or directly with player and agent.

Last edited:
Miami’s interest must have been just above below lukewarm based on the trade compensation (‘23 #219, R5.25) Detroit received from Philly, a contender in the same conference.

At a minimum, if Miami is still interested in Cook, the intel provides another market data point in negotiations with the Vikings or directly with player and agent.

Yeah! The comp seems kinda low and one Miami could have matched if they really wanted him.

Cook will be in Miami come June. I know we don’t need him and rb room appears full but we saw this last year with Tyreek when we appeared to have a solid wideout room with waddle and Wilson. Miami will never not improve and add a superstar if he’s available at the right price. He’s getting up there in age and is still owed a solid chunk from guaranteed from the Vikings so don’t think his contract will be anything crazy maybe 2 year 15 million

At first I wondered why we didn’t do the deal that Philly did.

Then I wondered if we preferred they send Swift to Philly to keep Cook from going to Philly.

Probably because they are just about a lock to get cook. No way Vikings don’t release him and cook only wants to play in Miami.

I suspect Minnesota holds onto Cook as long as they can. That way he misses training camp and takes a bit to get the scheme down for his future team this year. This will give other teams more time to sign other RB as well.
I don't see them cutting him on June 1 st.
Maybe September 1 st .

So because Miami was mildly interested in trading for a RB still on his cheap rookie contract, we must also be interested in trading for a highly priced RB too. I don't think so. Cook is simply too expensive...

I suspect Minnesota holds onto Cook as long as they can. That way he misses training camp and takes a bit to get the scheme down for his future team this year. This will give other teams more time to sign other RB as well.
I don't see them cutting him on June 1 st.
Maybe September 1 st .

Why? Out of spite? It’s a professional organization plus they have one million in cap space which isn’t even enough to sign their rookies, not to mention they’d miss out on any waivers and vet pickups. He’ll be cut on June 1st right after their Gm takes his morning dump.

Back
Top Bottom