Dolphins Spoke to Lions about Trading for Swift After they Drafted Achane | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Spoke to Lions about Trading for Swift After they Drafted Achane

Probably because they are just about a lock to get cook. No way Vikings don’t release him and cook only wants to play in Miami.

I understand that he wants to play for Miami. So did Jordan Poyer.

If someone else pays him significantly more than we would I am sure he’d consider it.

So because Miami was mildly interested in trading for a RB still on his cheap rookie contract, we must also be interested in trading for a highly priced RB too. I don't think so. Cook is simply too expensive...
He won't be once he's released. He'll probably sign a one year contract with some team.

Why? Out of spite? It’s a professional organization plus they have one million in cap space which isn’t even enough to sign their rookies, not to mention they’d miss out on any waivers and vet pickups. He’ll be cut on June 1st right after their Gm takes his morning dump.
Yes!
Cook has made it clear he wants to go to Miami. That can't be good for ownership of the Vikings. The team showed that they are willing to move on from the player.
Now both parties are pissed off by the stance of the other.

Why? Out of spite? It’s a professional organization plus they have one million in cap space which isn’t even enough to sign their rookies, not to mention they’d miss out on any waivers and vet pickups. He’ll be cut on June 1st right after their Gm takes his morning dump.
And I thought that would have been his morning dump. - LOL

So because Miami was mildly interested in trading for a RB still on his cheap rookie contract, we must also be interested in trading for a highly priced RB too. I don't think so. Cook is simply too expensive...
We won't be trading for him.
He will get cut.

Swift is overrated, there I said it. The star in that backfield was Jamaal Williams. I woulda loved to have him, been saying it for 3 years now, but I'm happy with what we have in the RB room.

Swift is overrated, there I said it. The star in that backfield was Jamaal Williams. I woulda loved to have him, been saying it for 3 years now, but I'm happy with what we have in the RB room.
I disagree. Swift is really good. He's just struggled to stay healthy.

I understand that he wants to play for Miami. So did Jordan Poyer.

If someone else pays him significantly more than we would I am sure he’d consider it.

Appears to be a lot more smoke with cook than with Poyer. Sure Poyer wanted to come but Miami didn’t appear that interested in him and don’t even think offered him a contract. Cook on the other hand has made it clear Miami is his only choice, Miami has contacted Vikings about a possible trade as well as Cooks trainer, who happens to share a fairly big client who probably has some sort of pull some guy named Tua and they’ve more than likely have built up a reputation training together. I don’t think these are the same scenarios.

Appears to be a lot more smoke with cook than with Poyer. Sure Poyer wanted to come but Miami didn’t appear that interested in him and don’t even think offered him a contract. Cook on the other hand has made it clear Miami is his only choice, Miami has contacted Vikings about a possible trade as well as Cooks trainer, who happens to share a fairly big client who probably has some sort of pull some guy named Tua and they’ve more than likely have built up a reputation training together. I don’t think these are the same scenarios.
Agreed. While we saw a ton of interest from Poyer, I never saw any report that we offered a contract or even contacted his agent.

https://dolphinstalk.com/2023/05/do...-trading-for-swift-after-they-drafted-achane/

Many Dolphins fans don’t believe the team is interested in acquiring Dalvin Cook and adding to their running back room, especially after they selected Devon Achane in Round 3 of last week’s NFL draft. An ESPN report suggests otherwise and Miami is still very much interested in adding a running back to the roster. Per Jeremy Fowler of ESPN, the Dolphins were speaking to the Detroit Lions on day 3 of the NFL Draft (the day after they selected Devon Achane) about trading for running back D’andre Swift.
I come away from this feeling the opposite. Maybe they would be interested if they didn’t draft Achane, but it just dosesn’t make sense fiscally? Why not invest that June 1 money in a one or two Olinemen? Our running back room looks pretty solid right now?

Agreed. While we saw a ton of interest from Poyer, I never saw any report that we offered a contract or even contacted his agent.
Who knows? There are private occurrences the team does actually keep private. Only 10% of what we think is actually out there in a corrobable form.

Back
Top Bottom