Dolphins Starting Lineup featuring missed draft picks over the past 10 years | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Starting Lineup featuring missed draft picks over the past 10 years

Without the right coaching and schemes, the Fins would have turned potential All Pro players into Michael Egnews. Apart from Nick Satan, our coaches have been garbage from 2000-2011.

Satan wasnt a garbage coach? That's one of the most laughable I'll read today...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
We would be 200 million over the cap with that roster!!!

No we wouldn't cause we have the most amazing GM ever who's never done anything wrong so Ireland would find a way to fit everyone in.If he couldn't get someone under contract then it'd be Parcells's fault.

Ozzy rules!!

Obviously this can be done for every team BUT, we had 3 on that list that were real legitimate, clay Matthews, ghram and earl thomas. Put those 3 on this team and I would say we were definite Super Bowl contenders. And swap out our Jordan pick this year for another a few more offensive weapons. Not saying i dont like Jordan, but he's playing out of position on an extremely deep line and we still have offensive issues.

You definitely could do this for every team in the league but I believe the 2 most important things in regards to this list are:

A. Guys we drafted that not only failed to have solid careers but guys who just didn't even contribute when drafted. Just way too many mid round picks that did absolutely nothing . . . . which results in a big reason why this team is so thin in the depth department at positions across the board.

B. Just a poor overall job in addressing skill positions on offense over the last 10 years, a span where we have seen the league evolve around high powered offenses.

This goes beyond Jeff Ireland, this has been a problem under Randy Mueller, Nick Saban and Bill Parcells as well. We must do better as an organization in the draft. You can win championships in the NBA and MLB based off free agency, but in the NFL it's all about the draft. It will make or break your team.

that pass on dez bryant and trade down for odrick and misi i think it was still kills me...

you realise every team in the league can do this?

dumb thread

you realise every team in the league can do this?

I do realize that, my point wasn't trying to bash Ireland or give up on the team because of a loss in a game I figured they'd lose anyways, it was a response to somebody in another thread who wanted to know what a list would look like of missed draft picks over the years (when talking about missing on Jimmy Graham), so I took the past 10 years and I found it interesting all the guys we selected that really didn't even have a role on this team, let alone become good players. Just way too many. The guys we could of potentially taken are there to put all of it in perspective.

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Don't forget Tom Brady!

Only went back 10 years

Hindsight is a beautiful thing isn't it....drafting is obviously where championships are won and lost, and why having the best scouting department should be the number one priority of a franchise.

I think it is funny how quick this fan base is to write off their team after one bad game though against an elite team.

Without the right coaching and schemes, the Fins would have turned potential All Pro players into Michael Egnews. Apart from Nick Satan, our coaches have been garbage from 2000-2011.

You do remember that he chose Daunte Culpepper over Drew Brees, don't you?

I was hoping for a team of people that we actually could've gotten, ie guys that were picked after our pick in any given year

I was hoping for a team of people that we actually could've gotten, ie guys that were picked after our pick in any given year

Tthats exactly what this is.

I think this list is good on paper, but so much of player development is dependent upon who the coaching staff and veterans were they had to learn from, plus a ton of other variables, for example you have Aaron Rodgers listed where we took Ronnie Brown, Ronnie was immediately able to contribute to this team in a big way, Rodgers sat for nearly 4 years behind Favre learning. Where as if we'd taken him, he wouldn't have had that luxury and would've had to start immediately, and likely would've experienced all the same growing pains that most rookies do, and ultimately may not have ended up being the same player he currently is, if he'd had a baptism by fire having to play behind our swiss cheese O-line at that time.

No Patrick Willis over Ted Ginn in 07. Very curious.

Went with Revis over Willis, remember that team still had Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Channing Crowder and Joey Porter as their LB's in the 3-4 . . . while our secondary was embarrassed all year.

You do remember that he chose Daunte Culpepper over Drew Brees, don't you?

To be fair to Saban, when your medical staff tells you that Brees potentially won't even play in 2006 because of his shoulder and you are forced to make a decision to give the guy 10 million a year to ride the bench the first year and you still need a QB . . . that is a pretty clear decision to make . . . when Culpepper was considered one of the leagues best QBs and was cleared from his injury.

Back
Top Bottom