Dolphins Starting Lineup featuring missed draft picks over the past 10 years | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Starting Lineup featuring missed draft picks over the past 10 years

Satan want a garbage coach? That's one of the most laughable I'll read today...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I think you missed the "Apart from" part...

AND Culpepper over Brees was a medical decision. He took the safe, doctor oriented decision of a knee surgery on a running QB over a shoulder injury on a pocket passer QB. I don't blame him, I blame the doctors...

Nice thread though!

I think the better question is how would you afford all of these players?

Even if by some miracle we drafted all the proper people, Revis and Rodgers would eat up 1/3 of the teams salary cap.

Further proof not ever player on a team can be a superstar. Hence why the Patriots and Packers are masters at drafting late round picks to fit specific roles for 3-4 years and when its time for a big pay day they are replaced with the next round of late round picks to fit specific roles.

People yelling we chould of had Jimmy Graham and Revis and Rodgers and etc etc etc..... and you would never be able to hold onto that roster due to money.

Face it already, even if you "hit" on every player in the draft, you can't afford every superstar. This is not baseball and we are not the Yankees.

To be fair to Saban, when your medical staff tells you that Brees potentially won't even play in 2006 because of his shoulder and you are forced to make a decision to give the guy 10 million a year to ride the bench the first year and you still need a QB . . . that is a pretty clear decision to make . . . when Culpepper was considered one of the leagues best QBs and was cleared from his injury.

And yet the Vikings were only too happy to part with him for a mere second round pick, and have the immortal Brad Johnson start for them instead.

And yet the Vikings were only too happy to part with him for a mere second round pick, and have the immortal Brad Johnson start for them instead.

The Vikings were starting to run that WCO with Childress as the coach and Brad Johnson fit that system very well. Combined with them having to pay Culpepper big dollars and Culpepper not wanting to be there anymore it made him expendable.

When did I mention CP over DB in my post? I thought I didnt.. Satan was a garbage coach in general as there were plenty of reasons that made Satan a grabge coach. He couldnt handle the NFL
I think you missed the "Apart from" part...

AND Culpepper over Brees was a medical decision. He took the safe, doctor oriented decision of a knee surgery on a running QB over a shoulder injury on a pocket passer QB. I don't blame him, I blame the doctors...

Nice thread though!

Only thing I take away from this is don't draft for need and don't pass on playmakers. We needed a WR we took Ginn over some play makers. We needed playmakers we traded down for Odrick when we should have positioned ourselves to take Berry or Thomas. Can't blame anyone for the guys taken late, they're a crapshoot and Ireland has done a nice job hitting on some late rounders. I'd like to see do better in the 2nd and 3rd rounds though. I think the key is take play makers (corners, pass rushers, WR, TE) early, and then go after a lot of corn fed in rounds 3-6, those guys are the ultimate crapshoot. If they do end up being good they get hurt then suck, most take years to develop into something decent (donald thomas, etc). Quantity is the key to cornfed, bring in 3 mid rounders and hope 1 or 2 develop each year.

So there was a post in the Dez Bryant/Jimmy Graham thread wondering what a list of "potential" Dolphin misses over the past drafts would look like. So I took 45 minutes and had a little fun with it. Went back 10 years from the 2004 NFL Draft to the 2013 NFL draft and redid the draft picks with players who have achieved some success in the NFL. The list can be a bit heartbreaking to look at with a few certain picks but what's done is done. Here We Go:

Maybe if you would have drafted better you wouldn't have lost to zonk zoo last week in your fantasy game. :3w:

Spoiler alert - zonk zoo is daytonafin

Maybe if you would have drafted better you wouldn't have lost to zonk zoo last week in your fantasy game. :3w:

Spoiler alert - zonk zoo is daytonafin

Yep, the Dolphin homerism got the best of me when I drafted Mike Wallace. Had dreams of long touchdowns and big yardage on short passes, but we only saw that in one game so far . . . and I benched him that game.

That said . . . its a long season. Hopefully my team gets it together.

from al those guys I would have liked to have taken Rodgers

A lot of these guys werent even on the radar but realistically we could've had Aaron Rodgers, Earl Thomas, Jimmy Graham. Although I remember a post on here quoting Parcells saying Jimmy Graham would be useless, so he probably wasnt on the radar either.

Instead of Ginn everyone on this board wanted either Brady Quinn or Patrick Willis. If they werent going to take Quinn the majority of us here thought Willis would be the guy.

Back
Top Bottom