Dolphins Starting Lineup featuring missed draft picks over the past 10 years | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Starting Lineup featuring missed draft picks over the past 10 years

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
So there was a post in the Dez Bryant/Jimmy Graham thread wondering what a list of "potential" Dolphin misses over the past drafts would look like. So I took 45 minutes and had a little fun with it. Went back 10 years from the 2004 NFL Draft to the 2013 NFL draft and redid the draft picks with players who have achieved some success in the NFL. The list can be a bit heartbreaking to look at with a few certain picks but what's done is done. Here We Go:

QB - Aaron Rodgers (2005 first round - drafted 2nd overall and took Ronnie Brown / Rodgers taken 24th)
RB - Lesean McCoy (2009 second round - drafted 44th overall and took Pat White / McCoy taken 53rd)
WR - Brandon Marshall (2006 fourth round - drafted 114th overall and took Joe Toledo / Marshall taken 119th)
WR - Vincent Jackson (2005 second round - drafted 46th overall and took Matt Roth / Jackson taken 61st)
WR - Victor Cruz (2010 UDFA)
TE - Jimmy Graham (2010 third round - drafted 73rd overall and took John Jerry / Graham taken 95th)
LT - Ryan Clady (2008 first round - drafted 1st overall took Jake Long / Clady taken 12th)
LG - Carl Nicks (2008 fourth round - drafted 110th overall took Shawn Murphy / Nicks taken 164th)
C - Mike Pouncey (2011 first round - drafted 15th overall)
RG - Jahari Evans (2006 third round - drafted 82nd overall took Derek Hagan / Evans taken 108th)
RT - Jason Peters (2004 UDFA)

DE - Cam Wake (FA from Canada)
DT - Vince Wilfork (2004 first round - drafted 19th overall took Vernon Carey / Wilfork taken 21st overall)
DT - Geno Atkins (2010 fourth round - drafted 119th overall took AJ Edds / Atkins taken 120th)
DE - Jared Allen (2004 fourth round - drafted 102nd overall took Will Poole / Allen taken 126th)
OLB - Clay Matthews (2009 first round - drafted 25th overall took Vontae Davis / Matthews taken 26th overall)
MLB - Luke Kuechley (2012 first round - drafted 8th overall took Ryan Tannehill / Kuechley taken 9th overall)
OLB - Tamba Hali (2006 first round - drafted 16th overall took Jason Allen / Hali taken 20th overall)
CB - Darrelle Revis (2007 first round - drafted 9th overall took Ted Ginn Jr / Revis taken 14th overall)
CB - Richard Sherman (2011 fourth round - drafted 111th took Clyde Gates / Sherman taken 154th overall)
FS - Earl Thomas (2010 first round - drafted 12th . . . traded picks and took Odrick and Misi / Thomas taken 14th overall)
SS - Reshad Jones (2010 5th round pick - drafted 163rd)

I hope this was for fun, only, because you could compile the same all-star cast of players for any team in the league, comprised of missed draft picks.

I hope this was for fun, only, because you could compile the same all-star cast of players for any team in the league, comprised of missed draft picks.

That is what I stated at the beginning of my post . . . isn't it?

Earl Thomas.

That one still hurts.

It looks good on paper, but the tear it would create in the space-time continuum would most likely destroy the Earth. I think it's obvious the cosmos has conspired against the Dolphins for the last 40 years.

What makes ANYONE think most of those players would be here what they are today? Vice verse some players we drafted likely going else where would be something different!!!

Just stop the nonsense already...

Just one slight correction: Ted Ginn JR "and his whole family".

What makes ANYONE think most of those players would be here what they are today? Vice verse some players we drafted likely going else where would be something different!!!

Just stop the nonsense already...

Without the right coaching and schemes, the Fins would have turned potential All Pro players into Michael Egnews. Apart from Nick Satan, our coaches have been garbage from 2000-2011.

interesting, although every team in the league could do this :)

There were two picks that broke my heart. I was literally jumping up and down screaming his name to take Gronkowski and we picked Koa Misi ... Gronk went the very next pick by New England in the 2nd round ... the extra pick we got for trading down and not taking Earl Thomas (we took Odrick and Misi). Then when we passed on Clay Matthews to get Vontae Davis I was gutted as I also really wanted Matthews, who was taken with the next pick by Green Bay. It's not a surprise that New England seems to pick well and Green Bay seems to always pick an excellent draft.

Ok everyone who keep bringing up the Patriots drafting Gronkowski and hernandez need to wake up. If Miami had drafted them people would be screaming gronk is injury prone and miami should have done their research and knew hernandez was trouble.

Back
Top Bottom