Dolphins still optimistic about having “some” fans in the stands | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins still optimistic about having “some” fans in the stands

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Garfinkel said the Dolphins have “a no-fans scenario, a socially distanced stadium scenario, which would be roughly 15,000 to 20,000 fans and then maybe half-capacity scenario. We have all of those scenarios with a lot of details for each, different budgets for each. Things are changing daily. A few weeks ago, things were looking great and [the] last few weeks things have changed.”

I think this is a scenario in which the NFL needs to have a uniform policy for all teams. I don't think you can have one team playing with half capacity and another playing with 0.
I think it will depend on how effective each area is in controlling the spread of the virus. If some cities with a high spread of the disease have no fans or few fans, that shouldn’t impact the cities which have done a better job of controlling the spread of the disease.

Stadiums throughout the country have different capacity sizes and they don’t limit the number of fans attending games in one city simply because their stadium might allow for several thousand more fans in the stadium than smaller stadiums do.

I think it will depend on how effective each area is in controlling the spread of the virus. If some cities with a high spread of the disease have no fans or few fans, that shouldn’t impact the cities which have done a better job of controlling the spread of the disease.

Stadiums throughout the country have different capacity sizes and they don’t limit the number of fans attending games in one city simply because their stadium might allow for several thousand more fans in the stadium than smaller stadiums do.
I get this. I just think it's one of those issues in where there isn't going to be a good solution. It's a big country after all, roughly 3300 miles between Seattle and Miami. A zero fan policy would probably be the fairest for all teams as it would remove discrepancies between cities/states. It would also be the worst financially for the NFL. No matter what you do, some people are going to get the short end of the stick here.

Garfinkel said the Dolphins have “a no-fans scenario, a socially distanced stadium scenario, which would be roughly 15,000 to 20,000 fans and then maybe half-capacity scenario. We have all of those scenarios with a lot of details for each, different budgets for each. Things are changing daily. A few weeks ago, things were looking great and [the] last few weeks things have changed.”

The irony is Garfunkle said the exact same thing prior to splitting with Paul Simon...

Dolphins have had a no fan scenario since 2001, just socially distanced factions littered across message boards and ghostly taverns...

zero fan policy would probably be the fairest for all teams as it would remove discrepancies between cities/states.

IMO, it should be zero fans. If we had the benefit of looking back at this 20 years from now I don't think football would be played, and there would be astonishment it had even been considered. If it is played, the NFL needs to be wise enough to do it without fans. College football faces a significantly more difficult decision due to the passion of its fanbases, the related demographic, and the budgetary need among lesser sports in the athletic department.

Here is an article on coronavirus from National Geographic on February 18. The damage to organs was already evident, even among survivors:

I always say focus on long term and big picture. There has never been a more apropos example. I may not be here in 20 years but there will be countless people who survived coronavirus then endure health problems and shortened lifespans as a result of choices made in 2020.

The irony is Garfunkle said the exact same thing prior to splitting with Paul Simon...

Dolphins have had a no fan scenario since 2001, just socially distanced factions littered across message boards and ghostly taverns...
Well, if there ARE fans allowed, I would hope that it would be home fans only. If you show up for X available seats and you're wearing or spotted wearing anything for the away team, you're gone.

Wow. Pretty amazing reporting.

Conclusion is:

1) Stands could be empty
2) Stands could be mostly empty
3) Stands could be half empty
4) Stands will not be totally full

Seriously. We're talking some genius insight **** here!

BNF

It is going to be hard enough to just play games.I don't see the season starting on time and less than 16 games is more likely than not.

No chance there will be fans.

The NBA Bubble is going to burst and that will set back the other attempts to play team sports.

They've been optimistic since Marino retired. Time to field a consistently competitive product.

Wow. Pretty amazing reporting.

Conclusion is:

1) Stands could be empty
2) Stands could be mostly empty
3) Stands could be half empty
4) Stands will not be totally full

Seriously. We're talking some genius insight **** here!

BNF

Understood, but its news that at least there are plans. Its been pretty disquieting that most news indicated the NFL is woefully underprepared despite the massive amount of time they've had compared to other sports who were in or about to start their seasons.

It is going to be hard enough to just play games.I don't see the season starting on time and less than 16 games is more likely than not.

No chance there will be fans.

The NBA Bubble is going to burst and that will set back the other attempts to play team sports.
My Warriors aren't even participating. In fact, because of this, I didn't even know they were about to play games again.

Back
Top Bottom