Dolphins | Team meeting with C. Jackson again | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins | Team meeting with C. Jackson again

RnR3423

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Dolphins | Team meeting with C. Jackson again
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:27:57 -0700
The Sun-Sentinel reports Florida WR Chad Jackson will work out for the Miami Dolphins Saturday, April 15, in Hoover, Ala. Agent David Canter, however, feels his client will be gone before the Dolphins pick at No. 16.

This smells to me like an attempt to force Denver's hand if they really want Jackson so they don't let him drop to take him a few picks later. Maybe Nick has heard rumblings that Denver is leaning toward taking somebody he wants with #15.

Saban will take Holmes before Jackson. Holmes may go at 14 to the Eagles.

CC Coach said:
Saban will take Holmes before Jackson. Holmes may go at 14 to the Eagles.

What are you basing that on?

i hope we can pick him up but if we get holmes thats still good but i prefer chad

i think holmes would be a perfect complement to our offense... we have chris who can stretch the field and play as our big receiver even tho he is only 5'11, then we have booker as our possession guy, then holmes would be a really good slot. can you imagine the miss matches you could come up with movin him and chambers around the formation?? sending holmes in motion, faking sweeps to him, giving sweeps to him... i think holmes would give us more options in our offense.

Jimmy James said:
This smells to me like an attempt to force Denver's hand if they really want Jackson so they don't let him drop to take him a few picks later. Maybe Nick has heard rumblings that Denver is leaning toward taking somebody he wants with #15.

I don't think it's a ploy at all, this will be the 3rd time we've officially met with Jackson.

IMO I think Nick knows he can evaluate DB's and mould them into good DB's for his system,and other defensive positions also, but he's not as sure with the offense and that is why I think he likes to draft top talent for the Offense over the Defense.

Just a thought.

Given that he can turn a marginal talent into a good player, I'd really like to see what he can do with a great talent. If he can make Travis Daniels a solid starter as a rookie, I'd like to see him turn a guy like Cromartie into a shut down corner who removes half the field from an opponent's passing game.

Your point is definately valid though.

Back
Top Bottom