Dolphins Team Report on FOX | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Team Report on FOX

It feels good to know there is someone at the helm who knows what he is doing.

Although most draft experts are projecting the Dolphins to take a running back at No. 2 overall, coach Nick Saban made two recent statements that make it appear that won't be the case. First, Saban said
he doesn't necessarily believe in taking a running back so high in the draft during a discussion of RB Ronnie Brown of Auburn. Although Saban admires Brown greatly, he indicated that the depth at that position in the draft this year is good. Second, Saban said he believes teams, particularly ones with such high picks, can get into trouble if they draft for need over pure talent. "I really feel that, when you're picking that high in the draft you make some mistakes if you just take need into consideration," Saban says. "Everybody as a coach would like to satisfy some need in the draft that you have, but when you're picking that high you better pick the player that has the most value to the organization long term." . . .

Exactly how I feel.Thats why I think he may take a QB if he cant trade down and is convinced the one of top two are franchise type of QBs.

Saban could be trying to trick teams with this statement. I don't know what to think. It will be a fun day on April 23rd. :D

I would read that statement as pointing towards Braylon Edwards rather than Smith or Rodgers. I think his level of talent is far superior to either of theirs. They are good QB's and all, but I don't think there is as much of a separationas people think of talent between them and some of the other QB'

I liked the tidbit about Tillman- there hasnt been much talk about him so I liked the info on him. I didnt realize the O'Brien connection until now.. If he doesnt start, we know he will be an excellent ST player at the very least. I would personally like competition at FS between him and a draft pick.

But I also think it could possibly be just a clever statement to fool others.

Dbergan said:
Thanks for thre link. I'm thinking WR or QB w/ the #2....or maybe thats what Saban wants me to think..........grrrrrrr. :wink:

We won't know until draft day.:shakeno:

Dbergan said:
Thanks for thre link. I'm thinking WR or QB w/ the #2....or maybe thats what Saban wants me to think..........grrrrrrr. :wink:

I agree with WR, but there isn't one QB in the draft you can lable best player avalible!!!

I think he could just as well be talking about Ronnie Brown. Look at most draft boards. Ronnie Brown is rated in the top 2 picks on most of them. It remains to be seen what Miami's board will look like, but I'm betting Ronnie Brown will be very high on that board.

Back
Top Bottom