Dolphins | Team to interview Cameron Sunday | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins | Team to interview Cameron Sunday

I doubt Harrington is anyone's type, and hopefully won't be on our team next year. Cut Harrington, Draft someone like either Brohm or Troy from Ohio State, sign another free agent to compete with Lemon, and hope that Duante rehabilitates.

All QBs fall into types. Harrington and Cleo are the same type of QB that Brees and Rivers are, although Rivers and Brees are at the top of that category and Cleo and Harrington are at the bottom. Then again I think alot of personnell types would like to see Harrington play for a real offensive coordinator before they write him off. Playing for the clown offenses the Dolphins and Lions ran isnt exactly going to showcase what your potential is. Cameron is that kind of offensive mind that might look at Harrington and say I can work with this kid. I'm with you on the drafting of the QB while I'm against getting another FA

So, Since Daunte had & blew his CHANCES, the Dolphins should NOT hire one of the games better offensive minds???........

Actually, there are some posters here who want Daunte to be our starter and Cam Cameron to be our coach. I dont think that's possible. One on the team is possible but not both

Why any of the three being tossed around here, Whisenhut, Camron or Rivera? I don't understand the hype over Camron, he has the leagues best player so of course he isn't going to look average. If Pittsburg passes on Whisenhut that would be a big red flag to me (you know he would go there first) and I wouldn't even consider him. What has Rivera done to be viewed as special, anyone?

I know these are legitamate manes but I see all them as a gamble. I'm sick of gambling with the fate of future seasons to be like the past ten or so.

To me Martz is the only name i seen thrown around that is known to be great at something.

I would be all about having him at Miami. Dont pay attention at his time at Indiana. He was coaching at an unfair advantage (terrible recruits, athletic budget in the red, etc). His offenses there were the only thing they could use to compete.

This may be true, but the question is- Did Cam get his teams to perform above their talent at Indiana?

Those are the type of things that can separate a good head coach from a good coordinator.

Why any of the three being tossed around here, Whisenhut, Camron or Rivera? I don't understand the hype over Camron, he has the leagues best player so of course he isn't going to look average. If Pittsburg passes on Whisenhut that would be a big red flag to me (you know he would go there first) and I wouldn't even consider him. What has Rivera done to be viewed as special, anyone?

I know these are legitamate manes but I see all them as a gamble. I'm sick of gambling with the fate of future seasons to be like the past ten or so.

To me Martz is the only name i seen thrown around that is known to be great at something.

Cameron is known for developing QB's as well as calling the plays for one of the highest scoring teams in the NFL.
He developed Randle El, sent Frerotte to the ProBowl and Rivers.

LT Has credited Cameron with the success they've had on offense this year due to Schottenheimer giving him full control of the offense.

In 2002 he inherited the Chargers with : 11th in total offense, 13th in scoring offense from the season before

Then progressed through the years as follows:

2002: 16th in total offense, 20th in scoring offense
2003: 14th in total offense, 16th in scoring offense
2004: 10th in total offense, 3rd in scoring offense
2005: 10th in total offense, 5th in scoring offense
2006: 4th in total offense, 1st in scoring offense

There is a video of Cam in another thread as well if you want to get an idea of the type of coach he is.

Link to the video:

http://www.chargers.com/news/advance...SMJsNcJJSjpRJo

I am trying to find more information on Whisenhunt but haven't been having much success other than this video:

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/ope.../whisenhunt.rm

Whisenhunt inherited in 2004 the Steelers: 22nd in total offense, 18th in scoring offense from the season before

Progressed through the years to:

2004: 16th in total offense, 11th in scoring offense
2005: 16th in total offense, 9th in scoring offense
2006: 7th in total offense, 13th in scoring offense

A good test will be how "Cam Ball" does against that New England Pastsie team.

I want to see Miami go after Rex Ryan but that is unlikely now that they will have to wait for Baltimore to be eliminated from the playoffs to interview him.

If you want Daunte to be our QB you shouldnt be rooting for Cameron to be our coach. Harrington and Lemon are more his types of QBs.

He will play the best quarterback we have. Unless we go out and sign some big free agent or trade for a big QB (which isn't happening) the best QB we will have will be Daunte. So he is going to be our starter.

Amen Bro!!!! I saw an interview clip on saturday of L.T. , & when asked what the diff. was this year, he said it was Marty letting Cam open things up, including calling the plays........

Yeah I saw that too. All those players down in S.D are buying into his system and it has resulted in one of the best offenses in football.

One other thing Cameron would like is Ronnie Brown's throwing arm. They use L.T for passing a lot and we all know how Ronnie can sling it lol. :wink:

He will play the best quarterback we have. Unless we go out and sign some big free agent or trade for a big QB (which isn't happening) the best QB we will have will be Daunte. So he is going to be our starter.

Daunte wouldnt fit his system. Cleo and Joey would but not Daunte. I dont think he's changing his system for Daunte if he comes here when Cleo and Joey would be better fits

Daunte wouldnt fit his system. Cleo and Joey would but not Daunte. I dont think he's changing his system for Daunte if he comes here when Cleo and Joey would be better fits

If that's the case, then Daunte can change his style. I really don't understand what you mean because Daunte isn't really a Michael Vick quarterback. He has a very strong and very accurate arm and can make all the throws.

I would rather see Miami sign Rex Ryan but that is unlikely now because they didn't interview him.

All i know he has the #1 offense in the NFL. he must be doing something right. let's bring someone who's knows how to attack the other teams defense for a change. CAM CAMERON

If that's the case, then Daunte can change his style. I really don't understand what you mean because Daunte isn't really a Michael Vick quarterback. He has a very strong and very accurate arm and can make all the throws.

If Daunte can change his style then he could stay but that's incredi9bly difficult for anyone to do. I dont think he can do it but we'll see. Honestly I dont think we'll get Cameron so I think its moot.

Back
Top Bottom