Dolphins that need to pack their bags | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins that need to pack their bags

LeftCoastPhin

Getting geeked for 2003!!
Reaction score
and get the hell out! I'm in a sour mood when it comes to Dolphin football today. They had best get thier **** together, and fast. Players who need to go this off season:

Todd Perry- why we signed this clown in the first place is beyond me, he couldn't drive a pop warner player out of the hole

Tim Ruddy- he gave us some good years but he's finished

Marcus Spriggs- KBG made him his bitch, nuff said

Brent Smith- take you and your ACL to retirement

Ray Lucas- ouch, we need a real back up QB

Mark Royals- niiiiice punt on Monday night before the half, asshole

Scott Gaylon- have you contributed ANYTHING this year?

Tommy Hendricks- see Gaylon

Bench Greenwood and sign a starting calibur OLB

Anybody else I'm missing that needs to get packing???

:yell: I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning! We better win this week!

I would agree with everything except for all your linebacker and punter assessments actually...which is strange because I don't consider myself very pessimistic. But the bottom line is guys like Marcus Spriggs and Brent Smith, probably Ray Lucas, are all done here. And Todd Perry, well he's getting paid too much to be as inconsistent as he's been for two years. Kudos to the coaches for giving Perry a second year to prove himself rather than jettisoning him right away, the chance was worth it, but he's too inconsistent for my tastes. As for Ruddy, all I can say is just that I really did like what I've seen from McKinnie and I can't wait to see him bring some renewed vigor to SOMEWHERE on the offensive line (preferably RG or C).

As for Galyon, Hendricks, and Greenwood I say give them some time man. I mean Greenwood's only in his 2nd year and he's not performing horribly he's just not separating himself from the pack. It may take another year or so but I still think it will happen. Hendricks and Galyon they haven't gotten a chance this year to contribute I mean our LBers are all healthy. Thats kind of a raw deal to call them out when they don't get any chances. As for Royals, I think its wrong to call him out for just one punt, I mean the guy's been performing far above expectations all year. We just basically signed a guy who we knew hadn't been performing all that well because we didn't consider punter a high priority, but with Royals we got a guy who is not only a great holder but he's been performing very well. He can stay as long as he likes far as I'm concerned.

Guys I could see departing are...Burnett, Dedric Ward, Robert Edwards (taking the next step toward reclaiming a starting job somewhere, best of luck to him) and Oronde Gadsden definitely.

Maybe I was a bit hard on the punter, but I'm in a bad mood. We do need better back ups at LB though, our depth talent is miserable.

The one guy that I say needs to go, that not many people seem to be "calling out" is Marc Dixon. He is constantly hurt, he doesn't give us more that 8 games a year, on average. I say, cut your losses, and bring in some BMNSOB'S (Big, Mean, Nasty, SOB'S) to play on the OL, instead of all these constantly injured, under-performing, Mama's boys!

Originally posted by scotgif
The one guy that I say needs to go, that not many people seem to be "calling out" is Marc Dixon. He is constantly hurt, he doesn't give us more that 8 games a year, on average. I say, cut your losses, and bring in some BMNSOB'S (Big, Mean, Nasty, SOB'S) to play on the OL, instead of all these constantly injured, under-performing, Mama's boys!

AGREED Dixon has never made it through a complete season. He is a waste of time we need a real LT who can play every week. Who would have thought, after Richmond Webb being a fixture at LT for years, that when he left replacing him would be this tough.

I would consider keeping Dixon as a back up but wouldn't count on him to start. He's about washed up and is always hurt.

I think our backup LBs can't really be judged as bad since they haven't been called upon to play LB this year. But I will say that they have been doing a great job on special teams. I can't remember what game it was (might have been preseason in Tampa), but Galyon and Hendricks were both out with injuries (along with another ST'er). And our coverage teams were shredded.

Just says a little something.

Originally posted by scotgif

I disagree.

You don't cut players like Dixon. When he is on the field, he plays at a pro bowl caliber level. That is why you just cannot cut him because he is injured.
Soon as you cut him, the Jets pick him up and all of a sudden he can go a full 16 games and WATCH OUT!!

Originally posted by Superself
I disagree.

You don't cut players like Dixon. When he is on the field, he plays at a pro bowl caliber level. That is why you just cannot cut him because he is injured.
Soon as you cut him, the Jets pick him up and all of a sudden he can go a full 16 games and WATCH OUT!!

I agree superself keep him intil we see he can't play anymore when he's healthy, he's to valuable because he can play G and T. He's to good to let go. But I say move him back to the position he should be in playing G.

realistically between the Cap and losing our #4 and #1 or #2 (for RW), there is only so much we can do. I would expect that OLB would only be addressed if we cut Rodgers - which seems highly unlikely given his popularty with the team. OL I would expect to be addressed, but QB is a tough one since we gave up a #4 pick for Sage. If we did that, then why draft a QB; unless we use our #1 for a C Palmer. OL can be addresses via FA, but we are likely to end up with mediocre players at best. Anytime you discuss Phin personnel, you have to remember that we are spending huge dollars on our D and 23, 29, 54, 99 and 59

We didn't spend a 4th rounder on Sage. We sent a 7th rounder to Washington for him. We sent a 4th rounder to Carolina for Jay Willimas. That was a bad move. I think we will have a 1st rounder next year as Ricky's numbers have dropped dramatically off the pace for 1500 yards.

My hitlist to be gone after this season is as follows: Ray Lucas, Cris Carter, Robert Edwards (to compete for more playing time elsewhere), Dixon( I think he said he was retiring), Jay Williams, Rob Burnett.

On a related note, does anyone know what free agents will be available next year? Just curious.

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
and get the hell out! I'm in a sour mood when it comes to Dolphin football today. They had best get thier **** together, and fast. Players who need to go this off season:

Todd Perry- why we signed this clown in the first place is beyond me, he couldn't drive a pop warner player out of the hole

Tim Ruddy- he gave us some good years but he's finished

Marcus Spriggs- KBG made him his bitch, nuff said

Brent Smith- take you and your ACL to retirement

Ray Lucas- ouch, we need a real back up QB

Mark Royals- niiiiice punt on Monday night before the half, asshole

Scott Gaylon- have you contributed ANYTHING this year?

Tommy Hendricks- see Gaylon

Bench Greenwood and sign a starting calibur OLB

Anybody else I'm missing that needs to get packing???

:yell: I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning! We better win this week!

Well I disagree with alot of you players you mention but I agree on Perry,Lucas and Smith(Although Perry is looking better this season than any point last season)..Spriggs is a good back up tackle or guard but not starter so I think he is good having around for depth.Tim Ruddy has been our most consistent lineman this year.Todd Wade hasn't been improving and I don't know what games Madden was watching when he said he was most impressive.I have every game taped and his passing blocking might be the worst out of the starters (Original starters) but I wouldn't give up on him because he is young.When Dixon plays he is the best lineman on the field.Gadsen probably will be back unless some team out there overpays him ...

What??? Ruddy is being man handled at the point of attack. He consistently sucks this year.

WE need to pursue free agent lineman and use our first draft pick for a new left tackle.

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
What??? Ruddy is being man handled at the point of attack. He consistently sucks this year.

WE need to pursue free agent lineman and use our first draft pick for a new left tackle.

What are you talking about?Ruddy is having a solid season ...

I agree with most. Tommy Hendricks I am okay with for special teams. You have to have back up LBs, and he is fine.

The rest I agree with. I think Dixon is okay, he does get hurt, but he is solid.

Other players?
Arturo Freeman. He has amde only a couple of plays. We need and impact player at safety. He is Fair, I want stud!

Jamar Fletcher. He is a bust. I read before where someone was celebrating that he had not been burned lately. Well he hasn't made any plays either, and he hasn't been burned since he plays the third and fourth receiver. If he had to start again he would be toast.

I think I see we all agree that the O line needs some shake-up.

Back
Top Bottom