Dolphins Tied For Last Wildcard Spot (tiebreaker Info?) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Tied For Last Wildcard Spot (tiebreaker Info?)

I expect Balt to win 1 of 3 and every game on their schedule is a tough one. They went on a run based on college level stuff from Lamar Jackson. That stuff only lasts for so long and overall their offense is in shambles.

I don't have a good read on Indy, I didn't get to watch our game against them. Certainly their schedule isn't too tough but Dallas has a legit defense, NYG is a different team than they were earlier in the year with Eli finding a stride he didn't have for several years, and Tenn is a division game that will likely have playoff implications. We'll see.

One thing I've learned is that unless they are perennial contenders, wild card teams rarely win out to end a year regardless of opponent.

I'd consider the Ravens perennial contenders. I agree teams will catch up with Lamar eventually, but I don't know if it happens in the next three games. And that defense is very very good.

I'd consider the Ravens perennial contenders. I agree teams will catch up with Lamar eventually, but I don't know if it happens in the next three games. And that defense is very very good.

The Ravens are as consistent as Eli Manning.

FWIW, my Ravens fan buddy thinks Lamar Jackson is absolutely terrible, but he could also just be a little upset right now.

Here's an interesting thing. We need the Steelers to win against the Pats or Saints. If they lose both, and go 8-7-1 and Ravens win division at 9-7, we are in trouble vs Indy. We win the 3 team tie breaker at 9-7 vs Balt and Indy provided our loss is vs Minny.

Well in a 3 way tie or more h2h is thrown out and it’s conference. Balt and us are 6-4 and Indy 6-5. So I don’t understand why Indy is ahead of us at the moment. I think after conference it’s common opponents?
You first resolve the division.

4 teams at 7-6: Colts, Titans, Ravens, Dolphins.
Colts and Titans play in the same division. You resolve that one first. Colts over Titans in head to head.
#6 seed Colts.
Leaves Titans, Ravens, Dolphins
A head to head is only applicable if any one team played the played the other two which did happen. Titans lost to Baltimore and us. Therefore Titans drop to the bottom.
Between Ravens and us: no divisional tiebreaker, no head to head, AFC conference both at 6-4. Common games is not applicable since both teams played on 3 common opponents (Titans, Buffalo, Bengals).
Next on is strength of schedule of teams they have defeated. I am not going into that one right now.

As it looks right now: #6 Colts; #7/8 Ravens/Dolphins; #9 Titans

Easiest scenario: Dolphins win out. Pats lose to Steelers and either to Bills or Jets and we win the division. As simple as that.:lol:

Crazier things have happened. Brady could get hurt on the 2nd play of next weeks game. This win today was absolutely mandatory for our playoff chances and now that we got it we have plenty of hope

Back
Top Bottom