Dolphins To Bring College Football’s Interception Leader To Team Headquarters | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins To Bring College Football’s Interception Leader To Team Headquarters

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Josh%20Jackson

The Dolphins have far more pressing needs than cornerback.
But they’re always on the lookout for quality corners, and that’s a big reason why they’ve scheduled a meeting at their Davie offices with Iowa’s Josh Jackson, a 6-foot-1 ballhawk who led the nation with eight interceptions last season.
Jackson had no interceptions in his first 16 games at Iowa before snagging eight in 13 games last year. He returned two for touchdowns.
NFL.com’s Lance Zierlein projects him as a first- or second-round pick and assesses him thusly:
“Long-armed ball-hawk who understands how to maximize his length to disrupt the catch and take it away. Jackson could be labeled a ‘one-year wonder’ but 27 passes defensed in a single season isn't random. He's talented but inexperienced and he has coverage holes that could be exploited early in his career. His draft stock could hinge on his forty time, but he is armed with route anticipation, ball skills, and NFL length. It may take time, but the tools are there to be an early starter as a play-making, press cover corner.”
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article207862044.html

Gotta check him out, but with Xavien, Tank, Lippett, and McCain on board, I'd be disappointed with a CB at 11.

They wouldn't take him at 11. After the combine, his stock dropped some because of a bad 40 time. Some think he may fall to the 2nd round round. I wonder if he can play free safety?

With both Lippett and McCain F/A’s in 2019 it wouldnt surprise me if Miami took a CB @ #11, especially if the value at 11 is better than other positions.

They wouldn't take him at 11. After the combine, his stock dropped some because of a bad 40 time. Some think he may fall to the 2nd round round. I wonder if he can play free safety?
I meant any CB in the draft.

Bobby MC is one of the last Hickey regime picks if I recall. He progressed well last year but not sure we try to lock him up. Same goes for James, i know we picked up his option but no long term deal for him either

Him ending up as the best corner from this class would not at all be surprising. He's got the tools to be elite at the next level.

He should go in the 20-40 range ... he'll go between our 1st and 2nd picks.

Bobby MC is one of the last Hickey regime picks if I recall. He progressed well last year but not sure we try to lock him up. Same goes for James, i know we picked up his option but no long term deal for him either
I hope not, never been a fan. Tony Brown would be a good pick 3rd or 4th to replace him

Back
Top Bottom