Dolphins to Coach in Senior Bowl | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to Coach in Senior Bowl

Mando already putting out his negative spin, lol:

Armando should have his Media Credentials revoked for such utter crap.

"Dolphins staff"? Come on man, lazy reporting. Flores wasn't there at the time. This was a decade ago.

It's like saying "the last time Miami played in the Orange Bowl, the Fins won. So the Fins need to relocate the team in 2021"

here's a list of the players for the senior bowl.
Impressive list of players. I'm very interested in how Patrick Jones, Rashad Weaver and Dayo are able you handle pro coaching and perform during drills and on game day.

Last edited:
here's a list of the players for the senior bowl.

Some really interesting names there, looking forward to seeing how Koonce does alongside better players, could be the small school guy.
Humphrey and Dickerson both there, interested to see who will be the best center prospect.
Trask and Franks again is fun from a Gators perspective, honestly Franks has way more natural ability but Trask proved to be the QB, outside of these two, the fins may have some interest in the likes of Mond, Ehlinger and Brook as potential UDFAs.
Nasirildeen was a hell of a prospect before his big injury last year, paid zero attention to Florida State last year so not sure how his recovery went.
Sermon, Carter and Hill look the pick of the RBs on show.
Couple of Gators whom I really like at WR, Toney and Grimes, Grimes is a sleeper pick but in the mold of Williams and Parker, but Toney is absolutely someone that fits what we need, his YAC ability is ridiculous and last year he learned to run routes. Tylan Wallace is another WR to watch, look up his tape, honestly this kid is a highlight reel.

Some really interesting names there, looking forward to seeing how Koonce does alongside better players, could be the small school guy.
Humphrey and Dickerson both there, interested to see who will be the best center prospect.
Trask and Franks again is fun from a Gators perspective, honestly Franks has way more natural ability but Trask proved to be the QB, outside of these two, the fins may have some interest in the likes of Mond, Ehlinger and Brook as potential UDFAs.
Nasirildeen was a hell of a prospect before his big injury last year, paid zero attention to Florida State last year so not sure how his recovery went.
Sermon, Carter and Hill look the pick of the RBs on show.
Couple of Gators whom I really like at WR, Toney and Grimes, Grimes is a sleeper pick but in the mold of Williams and Parker, but Toney is absolutely someone that fits what we need, his YAC ability is ridiculous and last year he learned to run routes. Tylan Wallace is another WR to watch, look up his tape, honestly this kid is a highlight reel.
Yep, Wallace and Toney are the WR I'll be watching during drills. Wallace might have been a 1st rounder had he come out last year, if he wasn't injured. Sermon at RB is another guy I think will surprise.

This is a major coup. Especially since we have 2 x 1sts and 2 x 2nds in this draft.

“The Miami Dolphins, who own a treasure trove of picks in April’s NFL Draft, assured themselves a first-hand look at dozens of college prospects when they agreed in recent days to coach one of the teams in the Senior Bowl.

The Jan. 30 game in Mobile, Alabama, is preceded by a week of practices. The staffs of the Dolphins and Carolina Panthers will work with players throughout that week.

Teams are offered a chance to coach in the game based on inverse order of record. Jim Nagy, the Senior Bowl’s executive director, said Miami ranked 18th in that pecking order and not third, even though the Dolphins own the Texans’ first-round pick at No. 3."

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article248308625.html#storylink=cpy
Wow, this is a shock and a very pleasant surprise! Given the difficulty getting good scouting this year with the whole inconsistency of games played because of the pandemic ... this first hand exposure to these prospects is even more valuable than usual. At a bare minimum, our coaching staff should avoid drafting players who do not respond well to our staff's coaching methods. At best, we'll find some real gems!

The Dolphins coaches were only asked to coach in the game because all but one of the 17 teams which finished below them turned down the chance to coach in the game. Obviously some of these teams will be hiring new Head Coaches and new coaches for their teams so they don’t have a coaching staff now in place to coach in the game.
It just makes me wonder why at least 10 teams had no interest in sending their coaches to lead one of the team if there is a big advantage in coaching these players before the draft. Obviously teams feel that watching the players in practice from the sidelines and during the game is just as beneficial as actually having their coaches coach the players in the Senior Bowl.

The Dolphins coaches were only asked to coach in the game because all but one of the 17 teams which finished below them turned down the chance to coach in the game. Obviously some of these teams will be hiring new Head Coaches and new coaches for their teams so they don’t have a coaching staff now in place to coach in the game.
It just makes me wonder why at least 10 teams had no interest in sending their coaches to lead one of the team if there is a big advantage in coaching these players before the draft. Obviously teams feel that watching the players in practice from the sidelines and during the game is just as beneficial as actually having their coaches coach the players in the Senior Bowl.

That is a head scratcher. You would think the more personal close up info they can get the better

That is a head scratcher. You would think the more personal close up info they can get the better
That’s why I asked the question to begin with. I would think there is a benefit to having your coaches coach in the game but obviously it isn’t as big of an advantage as we average fans believe it is.

That’s why I asked the question to begin with. I would think there is a benefit to having your coaches coach in the game but obviously it isn’t as big of an advantage as we average fans believe it is.
Do you have any idea what has happened in the past? Is declining a regular occurance?

If not, it may be a "covid" thing.

Though I would love to have DeShaun Watson, these guys look like they are prepping this to be the most important draft. I expect us to be scouting like never before. Regardless of what happens everything is looking positive.

Back
Top Bottom