Dolphins to Coach in Senior Bowl | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to Coach in Senior Bowl

Impressive list of players. I'm very interested in how Patrick Jones, Rashad Weaver and Dayo are able you handle pro coaching and perform during drills and on game day.

Trey Sermon! That's the one...Watch how he runs all over Alabama tonight.

Some really interesting names there, looking forward to seeing how Koonce does alongside better players, could be the small school guy.
Humphrey and Dickerson both there, interested to see who will be the best center prospect.
Trask and Franks again is fun from a Gators perspective, honestly Franks has way more natural ability but Trask proved to be the QB, outside of these two, the fins may have some interest in the likes of Mond, Ehlinger and Brook as potential UDFAs.
Nasirildeen was a hell of a prospect before his big injury last year, paid zero attention to Florida State last year so not sure how his recovery went.
Sermon, Carter and Hill look the pick of the RBs on show.
Couple of Gators whom I really like at WR, Toney and Grimes, Grimes is a sleeper pick but in the mold of Williams and Parker, but Toney is absolutely someone that fits what we need, his YAC ability is ridiculous and last year he learned to run routes. Tylan Wallace is another WR to watch, look up his tape, honestly this kid is a highlight reel.

2021 draft Utopia:
1a Smith (WR) - (trade down)
1b Pitts (TE/WR) - (trade up)
2a Toney (WR)
2b J Williams (RB)
Do what the hell you like with the rest of the picks

^^^^Draft Utopia?? :DWN::DTD:

Armando should have his Media Credentials revoked for such utter crap.

"Dolphins staff"? Come on man, lazy reporting. Flores wasn't there at the time. This was a decade ago.

It's like saying "the last time Miami played in the Orange Bowl, the Fins won. So the Fins need to relocate the team in 2021"
The reality is that the Dolphins were already in love with Jimmy Graham, but unfortunately, the Saints knew it, so they drafted him 1 round before the Dolphins were planning on drafting him. The Dolphins believed they would be drafting Graham at least a round before anyone else ... and they were wrong.

That is a head scratcher. You would think the more personal close up info they can get the better
This is pure speculation (100% guesswork on my part), but NFL teams have a fantastic system in place to avoid Covid and with phenomenal contact tracing. It's just about the best possible system money can buy, and the players are far more disciplined at it than college kids. With a vaccine so close, I suspect many coaches didn't want to risk the exposure of dozens of kids from all kinds of different programs and environments potentially creating a high-risk Covid situation. Most coaches are overworked and sleep-deprived, so they don't really want to do these things but realize the value you are suggesting is simply too good to pass up. But this year, with the very real possibility of putting family members at risk, I wouldn't be surprised if staffs put more pressure than usual on franchises to skip unnecessary exposure events like these.

Just my guess, but if I were in their shoes, I would be more likely than normal to push back on the extra exposure.

Hopefully the Dolphins do a much better job in the draft after coaching in this years Senior Bowl than the staff did in 2010. The only long term starter the Dolphins drafted in the 2010 draft was Rashad Jones and he didn’t even play in the Senior Bowl because he left Georgia after his junior season and wasn’t eligible to play in the game.

The rest of the players in the 2010 draft were average or below players and none of them had impressive careers with the Dolphins or any other team in the NFL.

Some really interesting names there, looking forward to seeing how Koonce does alongside better players, could be the small school guy.
Humphrey and Dickerson both there, interested to see who will be the best center prospect.
Trask and Franks again is fun from a Gators perspective, honestly Franks has way more natural ability but Trask proved to be the QB, outside of these two, the fins may have some interest in the likes of Mond, Ehlinger and Brook as potential UDFAs.
Nasirildeen was a hell of a prospect before his big injury last year, paid zero attention to Florida State last year so not sure how his recovery went.
Sermon, Carter and Hill look the pick of the RBs on show.
Couple of Gators whom I really like at WR, Toney and Grimes, Grimes is a sleeper pick but in the mold of Williams and Parker, but Toney is absolutely someone that fits what we need, his YAC ability is ridiculous and last year he learned to run routes. Tylan Wallace is another WR to watch, look up his tape, honestly this kid is a highlight reel.

I really like Toney but my question is : is he strictly a slot guy or can he be a threat as an outside, down the field guy too?
The fact that he has learned and gotten so much better over his college career is promising and tells me that he can learn to be an outside threat - so if the Fins think he's a starting caliber guy that way that can ALSO play the slot whenever asked with comfort, then he may very well be the pick at 18. I wouldn't be mad. If we go Sewell at 3, I wouldn't be mad with two straight wide outs at 18 and 36. Toney and Marshall! Let's go!

That was a major fail
Its called reaching. Not like any NFL team have made mistakes evaluating players eh? I don't know that guy that well but he's stealing a living posting crud like that.

Grier and Flo are gonna crush this draft!

I'm predicting that my prediction for this team in preseason is going to be 12-4.
Predicting your prediction......nice

Gives new meaning to going "out on a limb"

Back
Top Bottom