Dolphins To Look Outside The Box For Answers To Outside Pass Rush Woes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins To Look Outside The Box For Answers To Outside Pass Rush Woes

You're so selective trying to make points. Yeah sure lets pick the outlier.
Hell, Flowers most productive sack total with NE only generated 7.5

So cut the crap!

Jones was with them for 4 years and Flowers has been with them for 4 years. How are those outliers?

Jones was with them for 4 years and Flowers has been with them for 4 years. How are those outliers?

Flowers BEST sack total was 7.5?

Really?

Roberto Quinn on a bad Dolphins defense had 6.5?

What the heck are we talking about here?

I get what Anu is trying to say. For as good as Flowers is he at this point is not a guy that has proven you have to double team and he is a guy that has benefitted from scheme

I get what Anu is trying to say. For as good as Flowers is he at this point is not a guy that has proven you have to double team and he is a guy that has benefitted from scheme

Flowers is a fantastic all around player. But if you watch how he generated his sacks most of it wasn't based on individuals wins. There is a decent portion that was scheme driven!
Guys like Robert Quinn, on our defense, that didn't scheme anything, had to work for every sack.

R.Quinn sacks is a lot more based on pure PR prowess than T.Flowers

C.Jones for them was an outlier.The guy went off to Arizona and still put up numbers.

Last edited:
FLORES has said repeatedly that "pressures" & "disruption" are what he's looking for. Sacks are a plus.

Flowers BEST sack total was 7.5?

Really?

Roberto Quinn on a bad Dolphins defense had 6.5?

What the heck are we talking about here?

:lol: You’re the one who called him an outlier (which is all I responded to) and now you’re pissed that he’s being included at all. Of course, this is after you said the Pats had a good pass rush despite not having a top pass rusher, when in fact their pass rush was terrible. Not entirely sure where you’re going with all this, but you sure seem angry about it. Settle down.

:lol: You’re the one who called him an outlier (which is all I responded to) and now you’re pissed that he’s being included at all. Of course, this is after you said the Pats had a good pass rush despite not having a top pass rusher, when in fact their pass rush was terrible. Not entirely sure where you’re going with all this, but you sure seem angry about it. Settle down.

Still on this? We've moved well beyond the topic.

If sacks were so easy to "scheme", DC's would make a whole lot more and pass rushing players would make a whole lot less... I mean it sounds nice, "But...but...but.. When's the last time NE had a double digit pass rusher". I'll tell you one thing, generating pass rush is alot easier when you're winning games by double digits spreads... Let's see how Flores "schemes" pass rush playing 75% of the season trailing on the scoreboard...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom