Dolphins to move Robert Hunt to Right Guard | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to move Robert Hunt to Right Guard

While that isn't great, saying he will be lucky to make the roster is silly, IMO.

I look for substantial improvement fro all 3 of last years rookie o-linemen.
Agree. Never said he was great last year. The guy I compared him to was just given away basically for free. But Flowers was a 6 year vet.

Like most of our rookies Kindley had his ups and downs. Also flashed signs that he could potentially be a very solid player.

It's just a little ridiculous to me how quick some of us are to judge rookies. If Kindley never improves it's a problem. I don't think that will happen.

Last edited:
Our oline was put in a tough position last year. We rolled with three rooks, with no off season. I feel they performed well considering. There is always room for improvement. And I definitely believe our oline will take a noticeable step in development here in year 2.

Why not switch the supposed more light footed Jackson to right tackle to protect our lefty QBs blind side and let Eichenberg play left tackle?

Such a strange frame. I have no idea why the Dolphins in recent years have devoted so many high picks to guys who are not ideal body type for the position. I've always said Hunt looks more like a guard than a tackle, but either way it's not ideal. That's why Miami needed to pick one spot for Hunt and allow him to mold his body toward that position as best as possible. It's going to take time.

Check the photo from the OP and tell me that looks like a prototype NFL guard. Or tackle. Or anything. We're doing it the hard way.

Such a strange frame. I have no idea why the Dolphins in recent years have devoted so many high picks to guys who are not ideal body type for the position. I've always said Hunt looks more like a guard than a tackle, but either way it's not ideal. That's why Miami needed to pick one spot for Hunt and allow him to mold his body toward that position as best as possible. It's going to take time.

Check the photo from the OP and tell me that looks like a prototype NFL guard. Or tackle. Or anything. We're doing it the hard way.

If the FO isn't as concerned with "body types", what are they concerned with about a player that is important?

Why not switch the supposed more light footed Jackson to right tackle to protect our lefty QBs blind side and let Eichenberg play left tackle?
My guess... this is because most teams will still have their best pass rusher coming from the left side-- regardless of which hand the QB throws with.
In today's pass-crazy phase, I'm not too sure that you don't NEED two pass-blocking nimble tackles. Face it, there are only 2-3 teams in the league that really run a power rushing offense... and Eichenberg should be fine.

We definitely have the personnel to try things like that.

Exactly what they're doing with eichenberg. Just switching him to RT

He's a DAMN rookie coming in. The other guys already has a season under his belt in the NFL. You think those two things are equivalent?

He's a DAMN rookie coming in. The other guys already has a season under his belt in the NFL. You think those two things are equivalent?
I think it's even more difficult to switch a rookie who's never played a snap in the NFL to a side he hasn't played much at all to protect a franchise qbs blind side... much more difficult

I think it's even more difficult to switch a rookie who's never played a snap in the NFL to a side he hasn't played much at all to protect a franchise qbs blind side... much more difficult

So instead of ONE fish out of the water you want TWO? Great!

So instead of ONE fish out of the water you want TWO? Great!
Dude, your the one who threw out the just like madden comment without acknowledging that's exactly what they are doing with eichenberg. Whatever man, I hope it works out the best... for the teams sake

Back
Top Bottom