Dolphins trade for Aqib Talib | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Aqib Talib

I read it in an article, but I can't recall the exact numbers. It seems like it was $4M for Tannehill (we received like a 4th rounder maybe???) and $5M for Quinn (we received like a 5th rounder maybe???), but those numbers could be way off. I recall reading it that whatever it was, the Talib numbers seemed to be roughly in line with what we received. Wish I had the actual figures, sorry.

I heard on XM radio with Brady Quinn - Miami has spent essentially $12.5 million for a 5 / 5 / 4

Cleveland paid $21 million for a flat 2.

thanks it sucks that James was injured and already dropped down from a 3rd
It actually makes us look a bit smart, as we could of paid I think around 12-15 million for a guy that could of just as easily got injured playing for us and cogging up a portion of our free salary cap space. Bonus we get a free 4th rounder.

I heard on XM radio with Brady Quinn - Miami has spent essentially $12.5 million for a 5 / 5 / 4

Cleveland paid $21 million for a flat 2.

If the $$$ spent doesn't affect future cap or flexibility for the franchise to make moves, why should it matter to fans how much was spent? It's coming out of Ross' pocket, not ours.

The money spent on Talib only impacts this year. This is a throw away contract. It doesn't impact us next year. Talib also benefits from not paying state taxes on his remaining contract here.

We net a draft pick for absorbing a contract that doesn't hurt us.

While it is unlikely we will want Talib moving forward, there is a chance Flores wants him as a teacher on the field and in the locker room for his system. Doing him a favor and giving him a tax free home for 1/2 of the season might give us an inside track on a team friendly new contract to make everyone happy.

As long as Ross writes the checks and is happy, this is a shrewd move.

As some in the media have pointed out, Grier is using our cap space like a weapon.

I've said earlier this year, while Grier might be borrowing a collection of tricks from different people over the years, how he is rebuilding this team will be modeled for years to come. In this copy cat league, owners desperate to reboot their franchise and gain control over their future will continue watching Grier's moves.

As some in the media have pointed out, Grier is using our cap space like a weapon.

I've said earlier this year, while Grier might be borrowing a collection of tricks from different people over the years, how he is rebuilding this team will be modeled for years to come. In this copy cat league, owners desperate to reboot their franchise and gain control over their future will continue watching Grier's moves.

Lol. Yea I am sure owners all over the league are eager to have a gm that pays 15 million + for 3 practice squad players. Grier is a joke and will be out of the league soon.

Lol. Yea I am sure owners all over the league are eager to have a gm that pays 15 million + for 3 practice squad players. Grier is a joke and will be out of the league soon.
Someone's a little bitter Betty.

Another sweet hot take from the guy who proclaimed Ryan Fitzpatrick would lead this team to a 10-6 record and make the playoffs. Can’t wait to see how this latest prediction plays out.

Seeing the full terms, its a good deal (as long as you aren't Steve Ross throwing millions for a 5th round pick)

I haven't kept track of all the rule changes but there is a salary floor and Ross would end up paying out one way or another. If the team is operating under the floor it shouldn't cost the owner anything. Sucks for those end of the roster types on minimum deals who would end up getting a nice little bonus though.

If the $$$ spent doesn't affect future cap or flexibility for the franchise to make moves, why should it matter to fans how much was spent? It's coming out of Ross' pocket, not ours.

Did you quote me when you meant to quote someone else? Or who are you talking to? There's nothing in my post to imply that I'm for or against the moves (here's a hint, as Ive posted earlier in the thread... Im extremely for it!)

Maybe don't add so much conjecture going forward :)

You wanna bet Talib is here next year?.I have a family member with the fins.That's the current plan.

You'll fit right into VIP. We've got a guy on the inside there as well so he'll be able to support all that you say!

At least… right>?

Back
Top Bottom