Dolphins trade for Aqib Talib | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Aqib Talib

Grier is a joke and will be out of the league soon.
:funny:

Chris Grier is entering his 20th season with the Miami Dolphins and fourth as the club’s general manager. Grier was appointed general manager on Jan. 4, 2016 after spending the previous nine years as the team’s director of college scouting.

I'm sure he is looking over his shoulder constantly .... :rolleyes:

:funny:

Chris Grier is entering his 20th season with the Miami Dolphins and fourth as the club’s general manager. Grier was appointed general manager on Jan. 4, 2016 after spending the previous nine years as the team’s director of college scouting.

I'm sure he is looking over his shoulder constantly .... :rolleyes:

When you are responsible for putting the worst team in nfl history on the field you will be soon out of a job.

When you are responsible for putting the worst team in nfl history on the field you will be soon out of a job.

So will he be out of a job or out of the league (as your post stated)….

I appreciate your attempt at educating me by (kinda) reiterating your original thought ....

Believe what you will but this season (moves etc..) is about building a roster … being responsible for putting the worst team in NFL history seems to be the plan.... so if he is doing what is planned why would he be out of a job?

So will he be out of a job or out of the league (as your post stated)….

I appreciate your attempt at educating me by (kinda) reiterating your original thought ....

Believe what you will but this season (moves etc..) is about building a roster … being responsible for putting the worst team in NFL history seems to be the plan.... so if he is doing what is planned why would he be out of a job?

Because the plan is flawed. Tearing down a roster that will take 5 years to rebuild is stupid. Implementing and executing a flawed action doesn’t get you rewarded.

Another sweet hot take from the guy who proclaimed Ryan Fitzpatrick would lead this team to a 10-6 record and make the playoffs. Can’t wait to see how this latest prediction plays out.

Junc is just mad that his Jets tried to win this season and are just as bad as the Dolphins...

Lol. Yea I am sure owners all over the league are eager to have a gm that pays 15 million + for 3 practice squad players. Grier is a joke and will be out of the league soon.

Let's add some perspective to your comment...

We won the division in 2008 with Tony Sparano. A small blip on our overall road of mediocrity since 2004.

Go back and add up the salary cap expenses since 2008. What was the price of having a .500 franchise?

I commend Ross for having the nads to allow Grier to go about this historical destruction of our franchise.

You think Grier gets to wield the check book of a $200M payroll without Ross approving each large financial move?

You think Ross doesn't care about a $200M payroll?

You might not like it, but to go from continued mediocrity with RT and the 2018 roster with bad contracts and average players.... to having a war chest of draft picks, abundance of cap space and positioning to draft a Franchise QB in either of the next 2 drafts..... Yea, Grier has been masterful with this plan.

Ross OK'd the idea, Grier crafted and executed the plan.

Few modern GMs have done this well. It will get noticed.

Right. Stephen Ross said to sell all the assets and become the worst team in nfl history. I’m sure he loves that his team is the laughing stock of the league.

Actually the Jets are the laughing stock of the league, maybe the Browns and their unfulfilled promise...Miami gets called out for intentionally doing this, but they have also been complimented for having the resources to get this set in the correct direction. Assets tend to get sold when offers are made that are too good to pass up.

Implementing and executing a flawed action doesn’t get you rewarded.

Please read the post below … again

You might not like it, but to go from continued mediocrity with RT and the 2018 roster with bad contracts and average players.... to having a war chest of draft picks, abundance of cap space and positioning to draft a Franchise QB in either of the next 2 drafts..... Yea, Grier has been masterful with this plan.

Ross OK'd the idea, Grier crafted and executed the plan. :hclap:

Few modern GMs have done this well. It will get noticed.

Sounds like an agenda driven @CoryMatthews … It just doesn't make sense to allow a GM to decimate whatever you have so you can HOPE you get enough picks to "get lucky" …

Ross: Look Chris, I know you have 20 years with the team and have been GM for 4 years... I know that I signed off on this plan … but I have to let you go and I have made sure you will not only be out of a job but out of the league as well.

Grier: But I did what we agrred on … I drafted Tua, Young and Jeudy in the first round!!!

Ross: Yeah but there are some fans on FinHeaven that think you need to go so I have to listen to the ones who pay the bills....:lol:

Anyway my friend.... enjoyed the back and forth but the action plan isn't flawed (until it is) .... but until it is RELAX

Funny how the disgruntled fans on here keep calling this team the worst in NFL history— meanwhile, in the real world, there are several teams that are just as bad and the Dolphins are far from guaranteed the first pick in 2020.

Funny how the disgruntled fans on here keep calling this team the worst in NFL history— meanwhile, in the real world, there are several teams that are just as bad and the Dolphins are far from guaranteed the first pick in 2020.

The dolphins are the only team on pace to obliterate the record for worst point differential for a single season.

Because the plan is flawed. Tearing down a roster that will take 5 years to rebuild is stupid. Implementing and executing a flawed action doesn’t get you rewarded.

Bullshit. The Rams did it in 2 and actually started winning. Made the playoffs in the third year.

Back
Top Bottom