Dolphins trade for Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell pending physicals | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell pending physicals

I feel this trade is going to hurt this franchise for years to come. This trade scares the crap out of me. I hope I'm very wrong, but this trade I fell will blow up in our faces.

I feel this trade is going to hurt this franchise for years to come. This trade scares the crap out of me. I hope I'm very wrong, but this trade I fell will blow up in our faces.

How? really ? what is the absolute worst thing that could happen? we cut Maxwell next year, lose a few mil. Don't resigh Kiko...lose nothing.

It all comes down to the player picked at 13. We hit on that and this is irrelevant. And with saying that, its just as easy to miss at 8 then it is at 13, and vice versa.

So much blind homerism up in here. I can only assume many FH'ers root through their neighbors' trash and then when they find something they like they go pay the person who put it out on the curb.

This "13 is as good as 8" rationalization is pretty shocking too.

I've never been a chicken little but the last few days have been disheartening. I have zero confidence in this team's direction.

Get away from the ledge. How on earth could this hurt for years to come.? The exaggerated responses on this site is unreal. They get two potential starters out of this, don't break the bank and only move five spots. Lots and lots of good players available at 13. Take a look at draft history. Picking 13 versus 8 is not causing the sky to fall people. My goodness.

So much blind homerism up in here. I can only assume many FH'ers root through their neighbors' trash and then when they find something they like they go pay the person who put it out on the curb.

I've never been a chicken little but the last few days have been disheartening. I have zero confidence in this team's direction.

Go through the draft history of the last ten years and show me where you can definitively say the number 8 pick has yielded a better player than 13 or later. For that matter, look at the top 5 in some of those drafts. This is not a pure science. How are Aldon Smith and Jake Locker doing? Could have had JJ Watt several picks later or Robert Quinn. What about Trent Richardson and Justin Blackmon or Morris Claiborne going in the top six? Bruce Irvin went 15 that year, Chandler Jones 21. Every year proves there are busts all through the top of the draft. Of all the players in college football available 8 through 13 there are a lot of good ones to choose from. It's more a question if they choose the right one.

Get away from the ledge. How on earth could this hurt for years to come.? The exaggerated responses on this site is unreal. They get two potential starters out of this, don't break the bank and only move five spots. Lots and lots of good players available at 13. Take a look at draft history. Picking 13 versus 8 is not causing the sky to fall people. My goodness.

very simple actually.

jack or VHIII falls to 8. we don't get them.

3 years from now they are elite players in the NFL, and we're stuck with the consolation prize we picked at 13.

now is it possible we get a stud at 13? yea sure, but don't try to convince me that it's more or just as likely.

I'm guessing you were part of the group complaining that we should have lost that last "meaningless" game against New England in order to get the 6th pick instead of the 8th...

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

very simple actually.

jack or VHIII falls to 8. we don't get them.

3 years from now they are elite players in the NFL, and we're stuck with the consolation prize we picked at 13.

now is it possible we get a stud at 13? yea sure, but don't try to convince me that it's more or just as likely.

Who's to say we'd even pick either of those two guys at #8 if they were there?

I think a more valid argument can be made that there is so much blind hate going on. So many ppl lumping all the mistakes past front offices have made onto the current front office. Yes I know it's far easier to be a little O and bash the ppl you once praised, and praise the ppl you once bashed. So so easy.

After all the draft has taken place, and the summer cuts around the NFL have also taken place. There's no doubt sitting here in March 10th 2016 that we have a REAL idea what the 2016-2017 Dolphins look like.

Byron Maxwell - DB - Dolphins
New Dolphins CB Byron Maxwell (shoulder) denied a report he told doctors he could not do a push-up or bench press during his physical.
The deal between the Eagles and Dolphins was reportedly close to dead because of a failed physical by Maxwell, who suffered a sprained SC joint in his shoulder Week 15. Maxwell denied those reports, saying he will "be good." Maxwell also confirmed he restructured his contract in the trade, but he did not reveal the specifics of his new deal. The Dolphins gave up the No. 8 overall pick to acquire Maxwell, WLB Kiko Alonso (knee) and the No. 13 overall pick.
Source: Adam Beasley on Twitter Mar 10 - 11:10 AM

I am hoping to extremely excel or fall absolutely flat on our faces and be done with Tannenbaum and perhaps Ross.

Go through the draft history of the last ten years and show me where you can definitively say the number 8 pick has yielded a better player than 13 or later. For that matter, look at the top 5 in some of those drafts. This is not a pure science. How are Aldon Smith and Jake Locker doing? Could have had JJ Watt several picks later or Robert Quinn. What about Trent Richardson and Justin Blackmon or Morris Claiborne going in the top six? Bruce Irvin went 15 that year, Chandler Jones 21. Every year proves there are busts all through the top of the draft. Of all the players in college football available 8 through 13 there are a lot of good ones to choose from. It's more a question if they choose the right one.

Its about the odds of landing a game changing player. I can show you a long list of players taken 8-12 better than players taken at 13. Everyone knows the draft is a crapshoot, the point is that with higher picks you're raising your odds vs. the house. Are you trying to imply with your anecdotal evidence that there is no positive correlation between where a person is drafted and their success? AND, we are not talking about trading down to acquire additional draft picks, which I am usually in favor of. We are talking about trading a pick for broken players, one of whom is grossly overpaid, the other who hasnt played a full season since 3 years ago.

I'm guessing you were part of the group complaining that we should have lost that last "meaningless" game against New England in order to get the 6th pick instead of the 8th...

No I wasn't, because NE is a hated rival. It was the typical inexplicable Dolphins win at the end of the year that historically has given me and all other fans hope for the next season. Wouldn't have been upset if they lost though. I'm guessing you are part of the group that would have similarly wanted our Dolphins to win if that week 17 game had it been against the Indianapolis Colts.

Back
Top Bottom