Dolphins Trade for McKinnie | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Trade for McKinnie

He was doing fine until the end of the game thats what people are forgetting that had not given up any sacks until that 4th quarter.

Yes no sacks, but he was getting destroyed the entire game.

Sacks are not the only "stat" to look at. Right side of the pocket collapsed on a consistent basis, not to mention that hit Tannehill took when I thought he had been killed.

We were a better OL with cornfed than we are now. Ill welcome back the corn.
how come i havent heard the word cornfed used as a put down lately??? probably cause it's whats killing our season...who's laughing now???

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

He was doing fine until the end of the game thats what people are forgetting that had not given up any sacks until that 4th quarter.

Thats understood but it still doesnt make up for the first 5 games of garbage. He's going to get Tannehill injured.

:bobdole:

Extremely uninspiring.

If we were going to do something like this, why in the hell didnt we do it 2 weeks ago?

How about 2 months ago when he was still a free agent and we had him in the building?

This is the only way it works, however I would not be surprised to see the coaching staff have their weekly brain fart and put McKinney at RT.

Also not sure why people are asking, why this move wasnt made during the bye week. Its plain as day that the coaches and FO wanted to give Clabo a chance. Its likely the team and Clabo had a meeting and in that meeting they told Clabo he was put on notice, and Clabo answered that he understands and will play better, and the coaching staff, as dumb as they have been all season, bought it. So two weeks and a loss later, they react.

You mean "Its plain as day they are ****ing idiots..." Right?

THIS year I don't fault Ireland for passing on a tackle because they've all struggled and I still believe Dion Jordan was the best player in the draft. It was a horrible year to draft an OT.

i like the jordan pick..that's fine...although he'd be a bigger problem if he had a redirect back inside counter rush move...that said imo the scheme doesn't fit the oline personnel we play so i can't really let them off the hook for it...and dallas thomas was a disaster in camp...

hell we aren't getting anything from our picks this year really...dion jordan and dion sims...everything else underwhelming although i like jamar taylors physical talent

This is extremely disappointing. McKinnie is a head case with serious motivation and lifestyle issues. The guy spent so much in night clubs in Baltimore that he considered bankruptcy WHILE HE WAS STILL PLAYING. This is going to get fixed in South Beach how exactly?

So we didn't trade for Monroe who went for peanuts, and we did trade for an older far less dependable head case? This wreaks of desperation. :(

i like the jordan pick..that's fine...although he'd be a bigger problem if he had a redirect back inside counter rush move...that said imo the scheme doesn't fit the oline personnel we play so i can't really let them off the hook for it...and dallas thomas was a disaster in camp...

hell we aren't getting anything from our picks this year really...dion jordan and dion sims...everything else underwhelming although i like jamar taylors physical talent

Fortunately, Jordan has the best position coach on staff that has been excellent at developing players...Rodgers will have Jordan making pro-bowls....

This is extremely disappointing. McKinnie is a head case with serious motivation and lifestyle issues. The guy spent so much in night clubs in Baltimore that he considered bankruptcy WHILE HE WAS STILL PLAYING. This is going to get fixed in South Beach how exactly?

So we didn't trade for Monroe who went for peanuts, and we did trade for an older far less dependable head case? This wreaks of desperation. :(

Absolutely shoots a hole in the "Philbin guy" myth floating around.

We are totally down with signing headcases. So long as they are tackles.

I'm as big a pessimist as anyone on this board but I have no problem with this deal. Let's see how it plays out.

Fortunately, Jordan has the best position coach on staff that has been excellent at developing players...Rodgers will have Jordan making pro-bowls....

not if he doesn't develop some counter rush moves...his speed off the corner is perfect for a outside first step redirect back inside move to kill people with...also his position coach needs to work on his getting off the snap faster...he's slow off the ball but still so explosive that he can gain the corner...rare stuff...most guys that can gain the corner like he can get off the ball like a house on fire

Back
Top Bottom