Dolphins Trade for McKinnie | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Trade for McKinnie

This move also speaks to how awful our backups must be.

Also, the decision to cut Clabo or keep him as a backup is probably right up there with deciding if you'd rather have anal warts or genital herpes.

The hindsight n this site is amusing. When the Fins signed Clabo, the majority here were praising Ireland. I don't think anyone could have foreseen him being as bad as he's been.

The hindsight n this site is amusing. When the Fins signed Clabo, the majority here were praising Ireland. I don't think anyone could have foreseen him being as bad as he's been.

I agree with this. Only the Falcons knew Clabo was done.

not if he doesn't develop some counter rush moves...his speed off the corner is perfect for a outside first step redirect back inside move to kill people with...also his position coach needs to work on his getting off the snap faster...he's slow off the ball but still so explosive that he can gain the corner...rare stuff...most guys that can gain the corner like he can get off the ball like a house on fire

I hate to say it but that counter back to the inside is something Cam Wake has yet to develop consistently. Considering, how terrified tackles are about his outside speed rush it's amazing he's not killing his opponents coming back inside. Something very similar to what M.Williams did to T.Clabo on both sacks. That move should be gimmes for C.Wake whenever he wants it.

I'm starting to think his smaller size is the reason why he's not as effective on such plays. Similiar thing with O.V. their size to strength ratio isn't ideal for the counter.

DJ on the other hand doesn't have the size problem IMO just the lack of experience.

btw, a conditional 7th rounder is not desperation. Its probly the last chance Ravens had to dish him for at least something. Mckinney will have to earn PT and I am thinking Garner gets first dibs if change is made pronto.

Will someone tell me why we didn't try to get OT Eugene Monroe in a trade? Was Ireland sleeping on this or what?

It wasn't widely known that Monroe was available. Apparently, the Ravens just called and worked it out quietly. Several other teams were quoted (on PFT, I believe) as saying they would have liked to be in on it if they'd known he was available.

Bottom line, you can blame Ireland for not being more proactive, but it's not like the Jags called us and offered to sell us the guy for some driftwood. Ravens got a ****in steal.

not if he doesn't develop some counter rush moves...his speed off the corner is perfect for a outside first step redirect back inside move to kill people with...also his position coach needs to work on his getting off the snap faster...he's slow off the ball but still so explosive that he can gain the corner...rare stuff...most guys that can gain the corner like he can get off the ball like a house on fire

Kacy Rodgers is a great coach and will develop that...

From what I can tell, he was poorly coached at Oregon and was able to get by on shear athleticism (as he is doing now)...A fuul season, plus off-season can do wonders for development and look forward to the progress. The kid does like to play and seems so close to getting one of those punts....its only a matter of time.

It wasn't widely known that Monroe was available. Apparently, the Ravens just called and worked it out quietly. Several other teams were quoted (on PFT, I believe) as saying they would have liked to be in on it if they'd known he was available.

Bottom line, you can blame Ireland for not being more proactive, but it's not like the Jags called us and offered to sell us the guy for some driftwood. Ravens got a ****in steal.

While i dont disagree, it should be pointed out that: it wasnt some implausible potential deal. This wasnt, say, the Browns giving up on Trent Richardson after 18 games or when Josh McDaniels got busted quietly shopping Jay Cutler. It would have been pretty logical to assume Monroe could be had.

While i dont disagree, it should be pointed out that: it wasnt some implausible potential deal. This wasnt, say, the Browns giving up on Trent Richardson after 18 games or when Josh McDaniels got busted quietly shopping Jay Cutler. It would have been pretty logical to assume Monroe could be had.

Front office botched the OL, you'll certainly get no dispute there from me. I am in full agreement with the theory that says that you don't need to break the bank and invest an inordinate amount of resources in the OL to be successful. The problem is that the guys we keep acquiring are simply bad. In the case of our RT, he is not only bad, but he is "has no business being on the field" bad.

Other teams are able to build the OL without spending all of their money and high draft picks on it, so why can't we? You don't have to answer. We know why.

IMHO, this is immaterial. GM's call around about players on a daily basis. When you see a low hanging fruit of a marquee position you need to check in at least once a more nth to let your interest be known. If they say he is not available or they don't want to trade in divisionor in state, or if tthe player is not willing to listen, those are fair answers.

But he is a marquee player in the final year of his contract on a rebuilding team who already drafted his replacement ... how does a GM NOT know he is available? He plays a position of obvious need. I don't buy that Ireland did not know. I'm guessing we inquired and were told no because we compete for market share in Florida. But, webdis not hear that. We were fed the ridiculous line that we did not know he was available ... Which would be an unacceptable reason in my book if true.

Considering everything, I wonder if something is wrong with Clabo and the staff was hoping the week off would cure it? I can hope maybe. Mckinnie might just have enough gas in his tank combined with some Miami PEDs( I doubt Mckinnie cares about being suspended ) to be an average lt tackle for us.

Back
Top Bottom