Dolphins try to poach Damon Harrison from Seahawks practice squad | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins try to poach Damon Harrison from Seahawks practice squad

I am upset about this. The Dolphins had plenty of opportunities to sign Harrison during training camp. They should have done it then. He is and has been one of the top five run stopping NT in the league the last 6 years. Much as I like Godcheaux, he is not in Harrison's league.

In on Le’Veon Bell, now tried to get Harrison. It’s nice to see this team isn’t standing still and accepting the “Rebuild Year 2 - Losses are OK” mantra.

It makes me hopeful that they see something special in Tua behind the scenes and think this team can remain in the hunt for a playoff spot. Particularly with the extra wild card spot.

It’s just as important that they appear to also know when to say when.

They also don’t burn any bridges or make any enemies.

I am upset about this. The Dolphins had plenty of opportunities to sign Harrison during training camp. They should have done it then. He is and has been one of the top five run stopping NT in the league the last 6 years. Much as I like Godcheaux, he is not in Harrison's league.
Ancient history - phinking.... Snacks is not what he was (and that was an absolute top class run stuffer). That's why he's only on the Seattle Practice Squad - ie he's not considered good enough to make their roster. It's also why none (ie zero, ie zilch) of the 32 NFL GMs offered him big $ that he used to be paid at the Giants. From Spotrac, Harrison has earned $43,226,742 in his 9 years in the NFL but on the Seahawks practice squad he is on just $156K (and he now has to pay for his own snacks).

Last edited:
I think if you poach a player off a practice squad they have to remain on your roster for a minimum of 3 weeks or something like that.

Ancient history - phinking.... Snacks is not what he was (and that was an absolute top class run stuffer). That's why he's only on the Seattle Practice Squad - ie he's not considered good enough to make their roster. It's also why none (ie zero, ie zilch) of the 32 NFL GMs offered him big $ that he used to be paid at the Giants. From Spotrac, Harrison has earned $43,226,742 in his 9 years in the NFL but on the Seahawks practice squad he is on just $156K (and has to pay for his own snacks).
You have a point. But I think it's more the Dolphins wanting to stick with younger players. Remember John Jenkins last year who they did not bring back. And he played well.

Ancient history - phinking.... Snacks is not what he was (and that was an absolute top class run stuffer). That's why he's only on the Seattle Practice Squad - ie he's not considered good enough to make their roster. It's also why none (ie zero, ie zilch) of the 32 NFL GMs offered him big $ that he used to be paid at the Giants. From Spotrac, Harrison has earned $43,226,742 in his 9 years in the NFL but on the Seahawks practice squad he is on just $156K (and has to pay for his own snacks).
Ancient history?

He was 1st team All Pro in 2016 with 86 tackles, 6 TFL, and 2.5 sacks.

In 2017 he had 76 tackles, 7 TFL, and 1.5 sacks...

In 2018 he had 81 tackles, 9 TFL, and 3.5 sacks...

2 seasons ago he had a better season than his 1st team All Pro season. That doesn't make for ancient history

Ancient history?

2 seasons ago he had a better season than his 1st team All Pro season. That doesn't make for ancient history
Two seasons is a long time ago in the NFL. Not that I know much about Harrison.

This is one dumb player,
He’s making $136.000 a year as a practice squad player, when he could be making at a bare minimum $500,000 a year.

Hopefully, the news of their recent dalliance with Antonio Brown (suckers) will price the Seahawks out of the Snacks negotiations. Would still like to have him here, rotating the nose with Davis full time so that Sieler and Wilkins can do what they do best, crush the line as true 3-4 DEs.

Ancient history?

Nice research. That will now support my original argument.

Back
Top Bottom