Dolphins turnaround makes Adam Gase’s Jets regression look worse | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins turnaround makes Adam Gase’s Jets regression look worse

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

If you look at the direction the Jets have been headed in the past two seasons (read: rudderless and reeling) and the direction the Dolphins are currently taking (read: arrow pointing up), it doesn’t look like the Jets can count on anything other than hanging on for dear life and hoping for a victory.

Flores, the Bill Belichick disciple from New England who took over in Miami after Gase was fired by the Dolphins and hired by the Jets, has coached circles around Gase.

A year ago, the Dolphins were ranked last in the NFL in points allowed, yielding 30.9 per game. They were 25th in the league in scoring at 19.1 points per game. Their pass defense gave up 39 touchdowns and produced just 13 interceptions.

This season, the Dolphins are ranked 10th in points allowed (22.6 per game) 13th in points scored (27.2 per) and their pass defense is ranked sixth in the league.

You know what those numbers represent? Progress.

Very good read! :ffic:

Last edited:
Perhaps the most important thing Flores has done since the nightmarish start last season was stick to his principles and not panic.

“I learned a lot from Year 1,’’ Flores said this week. “From a leadership standpoint, I think it’s important to be authentic, to be honest. I don’t have all the answers. I tell the players that, but I’m constantly working to find the right answers.

“I think it’s about being genuine and being authentic. At the end of the day, I’ll have peace with my actions and the things I say regardless of how things go.’’

“think [Flores] has got 8 to 10 guys that he had in New England.”

Nice not knowing the personnel of your opponent buddy.

Roberts, Van noy, Rowe, Karras.

I’m pretty super that’s only 4 you future position coach of Rochester tech state.

I can’t see this gif without thinking its Gase driving the Jets ? I wish absolutely no ill will on the man, but man I’m glad we got rid of that guy.

23WPrx.gif

Let's see how today's game goes, but it becomes even more ironic when one considers that the Jets dumped QB - Ryan Fitzpatrick, Offensive Coordinator - Chan Gailey and Offensive Line Coach - Steve Marshall a few years ago and all are contributing to Miami's improvement. Maybe Fitz, Chan and Steve haven't forgotten that Woody Johnson and the whole Jets Braintrust* flushed the toilet on their NFL careers, considering them all too old to contribute. Woody needed to draft the very best college QB and then find himself a QB Whisperer...

*I apologize if I have used the term Jets Braintrust a bit loosely.

Last edited:
“think [Flores] has got 8 to 10 guys that he had in New England.”

Nice not knowing the personnel of your opponent buddy.

Roberts, Van noy, Rowe, Karras.

I’m pretty super that’s only 4 you future position coach of Rochester tech state.
Dolphins had about 10 to 11 ex Patriots on the roster before and during training camp. Of course some of them were cut/released.
Jomal Perry, Ken Webster, Ryan Lewis and Nate Brooks; and linebackers Calvin Munson and Trent Harris.

If you look at the direction the Jets have been headed in the past two seasons (read: rudderless and reeling) and the direction the Dolphins are currently taking (read: arrow pointing up), it doesn’t look like the Jets can count on anything other than hanging on for dear life and hoping for a victory.

Flores, the Bill Belichick disciple from New England who took over in Miami after Gase was fired by the Dolphins and hired by the Jets, has coached circles around Gase.

A year ago, the Dolphins were ranked last in the NFL in points allowed, yielding 30.9 per game. They were 25th in the league in scoring at 19.1 points per game. Their pass defense gave up 39 touchdowns and produced just 13 interceptions.

This season, the Dolphins are ranked 10th in points allowed (22.6 per game) 13th in points scored (27.2 per) and their pass defense is ranked sixth in the league.

You know what those numbers represent? Progress.

Very good read! :ffic:
Article was absolutely glorious!??????

I don’t think Gase has regressed. I think he was never good to start. He came in and got a good season out of Tannehill and Ajayi where we won like 8 games by 3 or less points. It was a fun ride, but came down to a weak schedule and a lot of luck. The Rex Ryan timeout flub trying to ice the kicker week 17 was great. After that he basically traded away anyone who he didn’t like. And blamed every person on the team except himself when things went wrong. I honestly don’t know how he got another HC job. It’s fairly clear by now that he is wildly unqualified to be a HC.

Back
Top Bottom