Dolphins turnaround makes Adam Gase’s Jets regression look worse | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins turnaround makes Adam Gase’s Jets regression look worse

Dolphins had about 10 to 11 ex Patriots on the roster before and during training camp. Of course some of them were cut/released.
Jomal Perry, Ken Webster, Ryan Lewis and Nate Brooks; and linebackers Calvin Munson and Trent Harris.
It’s really a slap in the face what he said to Flores, and I hope he took it that way..

its rude and borderline cruel to kick a dog that's down
whimpering on the side of the jersey turnpike after
running over so many dead babies!

If you look at the direction the Jets have been headed in the past two seasons (read: rudderless and reeling) and the direction the Dolphins are currently taking (read: arrow pointing up), it doesn’t look like the Jets can count on anything other than hanging on for dear life and hoping for a victory.

Flores, the Bill Belichick disciple from New England who took over in Miami after Gase was fired by the Dolphins and hired by the Jets, has coached circles around Gase.

A year ago, the Dolphins were ranked last in the NFL in points allowed, yielding 30.9 per game. They were 25th in the league in scoring at 19.1 points per game. Their pass defense gave up 39 touchdowns and produced just 13 interceptions.

This season, the Dolphins are ranked 10th in points allowed (22.6 per game) 13th in points scored (27.2 per) and their pass defense is ranked sixth in the league.

You know what those numbers represent? Progress.

Very good read! :ffic:

Don't forget the effect of our GM had by creating a draft with 3 1st round picks and an effective set of selections in free agency as compared to the Jets getting rid of their GM after the draft and leaving the new GM with diddly squat to help develop their team.

To look at a teams performance only in light of a HC and ignoring their GM's role in managing cap space and the draft is mind boggling shallow thinking!

Well time has judged Adam Gase and he has not been good enough. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. So far, time looks disfavorably on Coach Flo too. Sure, we're rebounding, but the ultimate counter is wins, and Coach Flo hasn't produced enough yet. If the rebuild goes according to plan, then in 2021 we'll see a great blossoming and tremendous playoff team with Super Bowl potential. But if that doesn't happen ... it will have endured a looooooooot of losses just to get to an average or above-average level, and that will not look good.

Well time has judged Adam Gase and he has not been good enough. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. So far, time looks disfavorably on Coach Flo too. Sure, we're rebounding, but the ultimate counter is wins, and Coach Flo hasn't produced enough yet. If the rebuild goes according to plan, then in 2021 we'll see a great blossoming and tremendous playoff team with Super Bowl potential. But if that doesn't happen ... it will have endured a looooooooot of losses just to get to an average or above-average level, and that will not look good.
We’re ahead of schedule imo.

Dolphins had about 10 to 11 ex Patriots on the roster before and during training camp. Of course some of them were cut/released.
Jomal Perry, Ken Webster, Ryan Lewis and Nate Brooks; and linebackers Calvin Munson and Trent Harris.
One big collective “who”?

I’ve said from the mid point last year when trends like fewest penalties and player development were evident. And they continue this year. Flores coaches fundamentals - Gase does not. Flores teams will always be competitive. Even if the talent isn’t there. Gase teams will always underachieve because of the lack of discipline that is the difference in winning and losing lots of games. Gase is a fraud - always was a fraud. I can’t wait to beat them today.

I think the thing to remember is the difference in goals for the 2 teams.

Flores took over a team that did (for the NFL) a fairly historic blow up with the idea being to be in the playoffs by year 3. Gase took over a team that thought they were ready to compete.

But it also goes beyond the wins and losses early in the tenure.

Even when we lose many look at our team and see a disciplined team overall that is well coached. Obviously there are holes in the team right now but the perception nationally is that Flores has the team going in the right direction. Gase has the perception of a guy who alienates star players, has an undisciplined team, and a team that is not competitive.

At the end of the day the wins and losses will matter and if the record stays iffy Flo will be questioned deservedly so. But we gotta keep things in perspective

I still can't believe that we went to the playoffs with Gase in charge lol. Hope we stick it to him & the Jets today . GO FINS!
I think Gase was even surprised we went to the playoffs that year.

Gase always has plenty of excuses at the ready.

I think Gase was even surprised we went to the playoffs that year.

I would agree!

That team was 1-4 then won 6 straight by a total of 40 points, 15 of which was that surprise game vs the Steelers. The other 5 wins were by a total of 25 points. And they got blitzed by any good team like the Ravens and Pats.

So yeah every bounce and late game situation worked out for them if they even went 50-50 on those bounces they won maybe 7 games total not 10.

I would agree!

That team was 1-4 then won 6 straight by a total of 40 points, 15 of which was that surprise game vs the Steelers. The other 5 wins were by a total of 25 points. And they got blitzed by any good team like the Ravens and Pats.

So yeah every bounce and late game situation worked out for them if they even went 50-50 on those bounces they won maybe 7 games total not 10.
Perhaps one of the most surreal moments of that season was at Buffalo at the end of the year rushing Franks on a no TOs to kick the 50 yard FG - couldn’t believe we pulled that off in time, without too many men on the field or a false start, etc. The whole thing looked insane.

The Gase hire in Miami, exposed his deficiencies. He had success as a coordinator with All-Pro QB. He's been over his head since his 2nd season in Miami. The ego is way too big to be a HC.

Back
Top Bottom