Dolphins undrafted rookie linebacker Zach Vigil makes statement | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins undrafted rookie linebacker Zach Vigil makes statement

Im not sure what people are looking at but his hips are awful he has to come to a complete stop almost to redirect theres like a pause there before he gets going and backs will murder it in coverage...i mean murder it

Its why the guy should always be depth or specials career...his hips are no bueno at ilb

Mike hull cant get off a block to save his life...thats a joke...and hes late thus hes always able to be reached at the 2nd level...

Sheppards just a guy...

Teams got nothing at depth lb unless tripp shows something dont think i got to see him at all at lb...mccain made a nice play in space on a play in time he will read sooner and limit the gain more...but you saw the athlete...he closed quick once he finally saw it

Hes gonna be late a lot but his athleticism will help while he learns

Last edited by a moderator:
Miamis best bet at lb remains mccain misi jenkins but unless tripp shows something its best bet at getting away with an injury to the lb core is sheppard for misi at mike...and thats 2 down

After that its gonna get real ugly...

Im not sure what people are looking at but his hips are awful he has to come to a complete stop almost to redirect theres like a pause there before he gets going and backs will murder it in coverage...i mean murder it

Its why the guy should always be depth or specials career...his hips are no bueno at ilb
Serious question here but do you think it's possible an athlete can improve their hip flexibility?

Or are tight hips a permanent limitation?

Just seems kinda harsh to say a rookie can't ever get better in an area of weakness.

Serious question here but do you think it's possible an athlete can improve their hip flexibility?

Or are tight hips a permanent limitation?

Just seems kinda harsh to say a rookie can't ever get better in an area of weakness.

Tight hips are tight hips...

Imo vigils best shot may be strong side with those hips but hes gonna have to show that he is stout at the poa and fill properly over there...if he ever does get looks there

Tight hips are tight hips...

Imo vigils best shot may be strong side with those hips but hes gonna have to show that he is stout at the poa and fill properly over there...if he ever does get looks there

FWIW, hip flexibility can be improved through stretching routines and strengthened in balance exercises. It must be a consistent and daily focus though.

You will break vigils hips before that changes...:lol:

I dont buy that in football...either as prospects or in the pros

I can respect that. Techniques such osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT) work with anyone, including elite and superior strong athletes. Just saying.

The kid cant drop his hips...hes straight linish...if that changes as a lb while hes a pro i will eat my shoe...his hips best spot to get away with at lb though is strong

The kid cant drop his hips...hes straight linish...if that changes as a lb while hes a pro i will eat my shoe...his hips best spot to get away with at lb though is strong

A little off topic but what do you think of Jaylon Smith and Reggie Ragland in next year's draft? We really need a force at MLB in order for the defense to be elite imo.

A little off topic but what do you think of Jaylon Smith and Reggie Ragland in next year's draft? We really need a force at MLB in order for the defense to be elite imo.

Havent looked so not the person to ask right now...we need instincts inside most of all though imo

I said in a different thread (and was swarmed by a flock homer bees) that our LBs last night were unimpressive as a group -- tho someone pointed out that Vigil had a sack against the 4th team O and therefore was the next Ray Lewis!

JK.

But yea, the only LB I saw on the field for us that looked like a legit NFL "PLAYER" was Jenkins. Vigil played somewhat aggressive but apparently guessed wrong more often than not or maybe as hoops is saying his inability to be fluid on the fly limits his attack window. Whatever... I did not see any of the wannabe LBs distinguish themselves in a way that gave me a football woody.

Unless you're being a total homer its pretty hard to not see and admit that our LB core is seriously lacking.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hes not guessing hes stuck in quick sand...a good oc gets that one on one with a two way go and runs clear outs so it gets iso in space and murders you with it

I said in a different thread (and was swarmed by a flock homer bees) that our LBs last night were unimpressive as a group -- tho someone pointed out that Vigil had a sack against the 4th team O and therefore was the next Ray Lewis!

JK.

But yea, the only LB I saw on the field for us that looked like a legit NFL "PLAYER" was Jenkins. Vigil played somewhat aggressive but apparently guessed wrong more often that not or maybe as hoops is saying his inability to be fluid on the fly limits his attack window. Whatever... I did not see any of the wannabe LBs distinguish themselves in a way that gave me a football woody.

Unless you're being a total homer its pretty hard to not see and admit that our LB core is seriously lacking.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF.

You were mocked by most because you called it garbage time. Don't try to weasel yourself into good faith about that one.

Havent looked so not the person to ask right now...we need instincts inside most of all though imo

That's the thing about the LB's next year, they're not overly instinctive. Smith relies too much on his athleticism and Ragland is not that athletic.

Myles Jack perhaps is the most instinctive LB in next year's draft, but as you mentioned before he's suited more as an OLB.

Back
Top Bottom