Dolphins undrafted rookie linebacker Zach Vigil makes statement | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins undrafted rookie linebacker Zach Vigil makes statement

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
hi-res-cb5286e21afa14be094a21a60d2c4c5e_crop_north.jpg

By James Walker

Miami’s undrafted rookie linebacker is proving to be a nice find so far. He’s had a solid camp and led the Dolphins on Thursday with five tackles, a sack and two tackles for a loss. Vigil stays around the football and also brings special teams value. With various injuries to linebackers Koa Misi (calf), Jordan Tripp (ankle) and Chris McCain (ankle), Vigil may get more important reps next week.

http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/16233/dolphins-undrafted-rookie-linebacker-zach-vigil-makes-statement

I like this kid!

I like this kid. I don't know how his coverage skills are going to pan out but he has a good feel for the run and blitz schemes

We need one of these boys to take Koas job STAT

Well considering Koa has been spending more time on the sidelines because of injury, then on the actual field lately, should not be too hard. Vigil and the other young players have a huge opportunity to prove themselves, don't mess it up.

Jump in there, and take that starting position, and refuse to ever give it back like Zach Thomas did when he was given a chance and just took the position from Del Rio (An experienced proven quality M-LB) and never allowed anyone to second guess he was not worthy to start.

Vigil and Hull > Koa Misi

That is not saying much because any healthy player at this point is better than Misi.

He looks better than Hull..

I thought Hull looked ok but nothing exceptional. Luc didn't do anything noteworthy.

Vigil was always around the ball.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Vigil and Hull > Koa Misi

That is not saying much because any healthy player at this point is better than Misi.

I think Misi is good but he can never stay healthy for too long. I think his position switch last year was definitely an adjustment and thought he played pretty well considering.

Like any rookie, he (and Hull) will need time to accumulate to the NFL, but they were okay last night

Hull seemed to struggle a bit on plays that went wide. Looked like he lacked sideline to sideline speed. Not Vigil though. He seemed to be all over the field. And seemed to have solid pace. What kind of times did he run? Why did he fall out of the draft again?

Is Vigil a MLB? He looked really good we could use a future MLB. I don't see him playing much if any this season but next year he might be counted on like McCain is being counted on in year 2

I'm not surprised, he's more physical than hull, is better at just about everything over luc, and I think his college tape was far superior to Jordan Tripps also.

The Only time Zack really gets himself in trouble is when he guesses wrong, or gets caught going the wrong direction, he doesn't have the ability to recover.

But you could say that about any of these UDFA linebackers. Tripp might have the ability to adjust. But he's soft as wet kittens.

I hope he can become a special teams ace this year, then maybe jump into a bigger role next year. But if he learns the playbook and is comfortable, give him the reps

Vigil is the closest thing to an instinctual LB that we have in house. He's not ready yet to be a starter imo but he might be in time . The others.....? Meh with a side of bleurgh.

Back
Top Bottom