Dolphins Vs Jets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Vs Jets

Experts often say the first game is not a good indicator for the season. Both teams need to be evaluated with that cavity in mind. My two take always from the Jet’s game is that Darnold performed well for a rookie in his first game. The second takeaway is that the Jet’s defense played very physical which is not a surprise.

The team needs to win the battle in the trenches, or this game could get ugly fast.

Calling it here first

Gonna come out in our triple option look w/ Wilson, he takes it and heads weakside then pitches it to stills on the reverse, who throws it to grant for a big play.

Happy Tuesday

Darnold wasnt even tested. Let's see what he's made of

Enunwa is the sticks mover as a slot. Take him away. Respect Robbie Anderson’s vertical speed. They have a tight end starling I think his name is who is sneaky. And bilal Powell and Crowell form a solid 1-2 combo at rb.

Darnold knows where to go with the football and has sneaky pocket feel and athleticism to boot. He’s dangerous outside the pocket as a off script on the hoof passer. Real dangerous.

It’s a good thing that d still doesn’t have a consistent outside shoulder win edge rush option. If they did they’d take it to another level.

The secondary is quality and the lb level now that the Ohio state kid is playing like what was expected to take 2 years to get there coming out can run cover and is explosive. He’s become what we hope Jerome baker will be in 2 years. Can run downhill at him but easier said than done.

Adams is a very good player at safety and claiborne has rescued his career at corner. Buster skrine physical quality slot and Tremaine Johnson another high level corner. Marcus Maye didn’t even play.

We got our hands full sunday. Leonard Williams has singlehandedly wrecked us before but our o line is a positive this year. Good thing. I’m still a little nervous about Kilgore but....unit wise hands down the best we’ve had.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to abuse Carpenter and the left side of their line. Get to that rookie and scramble his brain. This will be some chess game by Gase to game plan against a rookie, throw everything at him all night. I think our best bet is good fundamental football with a plan to spread the ball around and use the weapons we have available. Just play matchup football once we see what they are bringing. I like ours against theirs. Nothing cutesy, we don’t need that. Just execute and abuse that rookie.

why is everybody so scared of the ****ing Jets, any given Sunday, they beat the sorry ass Lions who had no fight in them with a lousy coach who i promise will be another in a long line of ex Pats who fail fast. I think our team is built for these situations. Question should be how are they going to account for our speed, running game and veteran savvy . I think were going to kick their asses and I will be there acting a fool with my Marino jersey

Darnold is still a rookie who hasn't been tested. Let's pressure him and see how he handles that. The Lions D is pretty weak

It's never easy to win up there for us. We need to protect the football and stay away from bad penalties. Our pass rush has to be better than last week or our defense will be in trouble. On offense we need to be able to run the ball but we'll also have to go deep so that their defense will back off the LOS. I'll take another ugly win if it comes to it but this will not be easy.

Tannehill still needs to kick it up on third down, that’s still a monkey on his back. He also needs to finish drives with scoring in the red zone. He is in real danger of getting shown up by a rookie who’s first TD was a 40 yard bomb. God help him if he can’t do what Darnold can do next game, we’ll be calling for his head. Tannehill showed really good accuracy at about eight yards. As always. Just not on third down. We have to eliminate those self destructive third and long plays due to penalties and our own mistakes.

Jets secondary looks solid, although I dont expect Mia to put that ball carelessly in the air all over like the Lions did last night.

The offense will be a tough test on our D. I only see us winning if we can score consistently,

Tannehill still needs to kick it up on third down, that’s still a monkey on his back. He also needs to finish drives with scoring in the red zone. He is in real danger of getting shown up by a rookie who’s first TD was a 40 yard bomb. God help him if he can’t do what Darnold can do next game, we’ll be calling for his head. Tannehill showed really good accuracy at about eight yards. As always. Just not on third down. We have to eliminate those self destructive third and long plays due to penalties and our own mistakes.

Too early to say what Darnold will be, you know how it is, teams get stuff on tape etc. Mariota was all that? Remember and countless others. He could end up being a good QB but you have to play consistently.

Last edited:
Yeah I’m pretty sure Ryan’s not gonna be reading that coverage as poorly as stafford did last night.

Whoof. I’m also pretty sure our o line is better than Detroit’s.

Back
Top Bottom