Dolphins Vs Jets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Vs Jets

This is the Jets home opener, the fans will be rowdy as usual, but even more so coming off such a decisive win over the Lions. I think the toughness the Jets displayed in the trenches will work against Miami, especially against Miami's DT's. There could be some fools gold here, Because Miami's secondary looks improved with the additions of Fitzpatrick and McCain to the starting unit. But overall I'm expecting a Miami loss. Perhaps a embarrassing loss at that. I still have that 5 game losing streak from 2017 in my head were Miami gave up over 2000+ yards to opponents. This is not shaping up to be a game where I have hope going in.

This is the Jets home opener, the fans will be rowdy as usual, but even more so coming off such a decisive win over the Lions. I think the toughness the Jets displayed in the trenches will work against Miami, especially against Miami's DT's. There could be some fools gold here, Because Miami's secondary looks improved with the additions of Fitzpatrick and McCain to the starting unit. But overall I'm expecting a Miami loss. Perhaps a embarrassing loss at that. I still have that 5 game losing streak from 2017 in my head were Miami gave up over 2000+ yards to opponents. This is not shaping up to be a game where I have hope going in.

I EXPECT Gase to outcoach and outclass Bowles and have the Dolphins prepared for whatever they are to face. No reason to be surprised by the crowd noise. Once they withstand the first few minutes of loud crowd noise and pumped up players, the Dolphins should settle in and outplay the rook.

Sub package pass rush must show up. It didn’t vs Tennessee even when we got up and they were missing both starting tackles.

That can’t continue.

Miami was even running a 5 man front at times last week with Wake, Hayes, Branch, Harris and Quinn. Lots of doubling on the edges when Quinn and Wake were in the game and they did a good job vs the Miami interior who offered little pass rush. It has to be better this week with some change-up because Bowles and Rodgers will have studied how effective it was last week. Time for some blitzes vs the rookie (Fitz/Jones/McD). Enunwa won't have as favorable a match-up this week vs Fitz. Detroit lost their best corner in the first quarter (Slay).

Seeing fireman ed last night was a serious irritant. Having him ride shoulders on one of his butt buddies this week will be horrific to have to watch again-

Looks like the band wagoner is back- god I hate that football team

My first immediate thought on watching that game is that Cleveland screwed up not taking him No.1 and Mayfield should be the Jet.

Nothing Darnold did last night should surprise anyone. He's a talented QB capable of making quality throws. It's up to our defense to make sure the other knock on him stays true too.......the turnovers.

Detroit was at a disadvantage facing him first, the lack of any game film makes it really tough to prepare for. I am sure Patricia was breaking down some USC tape but it clearly didn't prove useful.

I can't root for Todd Bowles obviously, I am proud of him though. He's an excellent coach.

Darnold did look pretty good considering it was his first start. But, Detroit looked totally disinterested from the very beginning. The Lions had absolutely no energy as if they were still in the preseason mode. Not talking away from what was a good victory for the Jets, but Detroit made a lot of mistakes. That made it easier on Darnold as well. I think he only threw 18 passes total.

Miami absolutely needs to get a lead in this one and force the Jets to get away from their running game, which looked good against Detroit. That's probably the oversimplified key to the game. Force Darnold to make plays for the Jets to win the game.

What could have been 3 Lions TD passes were dropped too
Not easy catches but defintley catchable

Miami was even running a 5 man front at times last week with Wake, Hayes, Branch, Harris and Quinn. Lots of doubling on the edges when Quinn and Wake were in the game and they did a good job vs the Miami interior who offered little pass rush. It has to be better this week with some change-up because Bowles and Rodgers will have studied how effective it was last week. Time for some blitzes vs the rookie (Fitz/Jones/McD). Enunwa won't have as favorable a match-up this week vs Fitz. Detroit lost their best corner in the first quarter (Slay).

I had Quinn with the top de grade. No on really sniffed the qb outside of him a few times. And his run contain d which he’s not known for was good.

That’s true enunwa won’t have a good matchup this week vs minkah. But they also use him a lot like a rb ask wise at times to ensure that he gets the ball in his hands. Kinda like we do with albert Wilson but with less outflank ask.

Slay went down but came back in not long after.

The jets definitely have a stronger mentality than they had the previous two seasons under bowels. They looked confident. The Lions? Not confident at all from the opening kickoff. That shows me they’re not believing in their coaching. Also, I desperately hope the lions suck this year because I cannot stand Matt Patricia

Tannehill still needs to kick it up on third down, that’s still a monkey on his back. He also needs to finish drives with scoring in the red zone. He is in real danger of getting shown up by a rookie who’s first TD was a 40 yard bomb. God help him if he can’t do what Darnold can do next game, we’ll be calling for his head. Tannehill showed really good accuracy at about eight yards. As always. Just not on third down. We have to eliminate those self destructive third and long plays due to penalties and our own mistakes.
I think this is spot on. I saw at one point that the Jets were 7/10 on third down. I was like...that's not us. Nothing in the first game showed that we're ready to eliminate the stupid penalties and inefficiency on third down. If the Jets play 1/2 as well as they did last night, we'll need to change that.

If the Jets D knew the Lions offense (formations & hand signals) that well then it doesn't say much about Jim Bob Cooter. They are not even a familiar opponent for the Jets. You can bet Gase will be changing things up this week (hand signals/audibles)...at least I hope. I don't typically see a lot of variance in our cadence....Lots of 180-hut and always seem to go on 1. That will be hard to change up on the road if the Jets are loud again. This would be a good time for Gase to roll out some unfamiliar formations on offense.

That was one of those games where the Jets D could do no wrong and Stafford could do no right. Stafford (8 seasons) has had 3 ints or more 11 times in his career. He's had 4 int's on 4 occasions and even a 5 pick game. Tannehill (6 seasons) has only thrown 3 picks in a game on 4 occasions.

The Jets are not that good and Stafford is not that bad. Isaiah Crowell is also not that good but he and Powell looked like monsters last night. They are riding high right now and hopefully overconfident. Leonard Williams nor Nathan Shepard did not even record 1 tackle but the Lions only ran the ball 15 times.

The Lions were hot garbage on both sides of the ball. They also lost their top 2 defensive players in Ansah and Slay. They look like a 6 win team under Patricia.

This is going to be a tough game. It always is even when the Jets can't beat anyone else.

Yep. It’s tough even when the jets don’t have a qb.

And they do now.

Enunwa is the sticks mover as a slot. Take him away. Respect Robbie Anderson’s vertical speed. They have a tight end starling I think his name is who is sneaky. And bilal Powell and Crowell form a solid 1-2 combo at rb.

Darnold knows where to go with the football and has sneaky pocket feel and athleticism to boot. He’s dangerous outside the pocket as a off script on the hoof passer. Real dangerous.

It’s a good thing that d still doesn’t have a consistent outside shoulder win edge rush option. If they did they’d take it to another level.

The secondary is quality and the lb level now that the Ohio state kid is playing like what was expected to take 2 years to get there coming out can run cover and is explosive. He’s become what we hope Jerome baker will be in 2 years. Can run downhill at him but easier said than done.

Adams is a very good player at safety and claiborne has rescued his career at corner. Buster skrine physical quality slot and Tremaine Johnson another high level corner. Marcus Maye didn’t even play.

We got our hands full sunday. Leonard Williams has singlehandedly wrecked us before but our o line is a positive this year. Good thing. I’m still a little nervous about Kilgore but....unit wise hands down the best we’ve had.
Very well said. I'm most worried about our pass rush against these guys. It was pretty much invisible against Tennessee.

why is everybody so scared of the ****ing Jets, any given Sunday, they beat the sorry *** Lions who had no fight in them with a lousy coach who i promise will be another in a long line of ex Pats who fail fast. I think our team is built for these situations. Question should be how are they going to account for our speed, running game and veteran savvy . I think were going to kick their asses and I will be there acting a fool with my Marino jersey

Literally no one in this thread said anything about being scared of the Jets.

Back
Top Bottom