Dolphins Vs Jets | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Vs Jets

With this o line I would trust the protection and dial up a lot of vertical pa shots.

Surprised we didn’t take more in the first half.

Tannehill will carve your *** up off pa and it’s a heavy ypa driver in a heavy 11 personnel true 2 way go slot based offense anyways.

My gut is Gase will not go vertical, especially in the first half, he will play it conservative and try and not turn the ball over.

It seems to me the game plan turns more vertical when we have a lead, he goes for the kill shots. Deep ball to Stills, etc if happened the last year Ryan played as well.

Now watch the team come out firing early, but honestly when have they done that. I can only think of a hand full of games.

The tempo didn’t really have the effect I was hoping it would out the gate. No dummy snap counts lots of motion based coverage ids (which is expected out the gate) and didn’t really go fast. Hopefully we can build on it but I imagine this week will be a lot of silent snap counts and maybe qb leg lifts pre snap

“Omaha” part of a cadence not for dummy calls. Something I’d like to see change as the year goes along

My gut is Gase will not go vertical, especially in the first half, he will play it conservative and try and not turn the ball over.

It seems to me the game plan turns more vertical when we have a lead, he goes for the kill shots. Deep ball to Stills, etc if happened the last year Ryan played as well.

Now watch the team come out firing early, but honestly when have they done that. I can only think of a hand full of games.

You aren’t wrong for thinking it. Gases forst half’s in our history have been to wear the D down and set up what he wants to take chances on in second half.

But I think we see a new wrinkle of gase all season long. We’ll see

I always thought that was o line based in the past and for good reason. It sucked.

For me with this o line it would be opponent based. I’m not holding the ball vs Jax or Minnesota but I will hold it against Detroit I can tell ya that much.

If I can contain Leonard Williams I will hold it against the Jets also.

You don’t have anything on the edge we are dialing it up.

Yes the OL appears better, I think we all agree on that, and it appears the QB can hold the ball longer against certain opponents. I agree on all that but I have to actually see it from Gase.

The other thing is in the first half of some games it appeared that we were controlling the game somewhat on O and moving the ball between the 20’s but you look up at the scoreboard and we have what 3,7 or maybe 10 points at half.

Imagine the difference if we can get 14,17 or 21 on the board in the first half. I think it will make a huge difference but we have to finish drives and get points. It almost happened last week if Drake stayed in bounds. That’s the thing though, it always seems like it’s something.

I am not to worried. Detroit was awful on every level and if it is true that they knew the plays it doesn't surprise me. Didn't the Jets do the same thing to us (knowing our plays) a few years ago or was it the Patriots?

Darnell looks good and recovered well from his pick 6 INT. But he also wasn't really challenged. The pick 6 was his doing. He is very mobile and quite accurate and composed. Let's see if we can put some pressure on him.

Sure the crowd might be pumped up but Jets fans are more fickle than any other fan base and they turn quickly on their team.

I am certainly not scared or that worried. It is a division game and they are always tough.

The biggest worry I really have are our slow starts especially on O.

tough game on the road as it always is. play disciplined and execite, a huge chance to set up the season with a good start.

Gase needs to change it up. They should take shots early. That helps the run game because the won’t be stacking the box

Anyone watch the all-22? Wondering if Xavien is playing strictly right or left or if he is shadowing....Not that the Titans would be telling as they don;t really have a stud WR yet.

Not sure who is covering Robby Anderson this week. He is a one-trick pony (deep threat) but he has size (6'3) and 4.3 speed. Had 1 catch and it was a long TD. I just can't see 5'9 Bobby McCain on 6'3 Anderson. MCCain has 4.51 speed compared to RA's 4.34.

I'm guessing our corners stick to one side and Bobby will get help over the top.

Jermaine Kearse was out last week with "abdominal".

Onunwa is the slot guy and will covered by Fitz. Only 2 receptions by two TE's on MNF.

Looks like Andre Roberts and Terrell Pryor were alternating at the other outside spot unless they went 4 wide.

Quincy Enunwa 6 63 10.5 21 1
Terrelle Pryor 3 49 16.3 20 0
Neal Sterling 3 27 9.0 12 0
Robby Anderson 1 41 41.0 41 1
Eric Tomlinson 1 7 7.0 7 0
Trenton Cannon 1 6 6.0 6 0
Bilal Powell 1 5 5.0 5 0

Lions were uninspired from the start and played soft along the OL and front 7 of the defense. Stafford made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes and the 3rd qtr got out of control. Jets are not as good nor are the Lions as bad as what we saw last night. Division games are always tough but if the Dolphins continue getting the ball to playmakers in space I like Miami’s chances.

why is everybody so scared of the ****ing Jets, any given Sunday, they beat the sorry *** Lions who had no fight in them with a lousy coach who i promise will be another in a long line of ex Pats who fail fast. I think our team is built for these situations. Question should be how are they going to account for our speed, running game and veteran savvy . I think were going to kick their asses and I will be there acting a fool with my Marino jersey
I watched highlights of the first half of the game and the key takeaway for me was the speed the jets played at on both sides of the ball, their pace was very impressive and make no mistake are as explosive as us if not more. They are a young team playing with pace and hunger, at least they were for what I saw of the game.
I never buy the argument we will whip them. They are a divisional rival and for as long as I care to remember always play us hard and often beat us. Sunday will be no different imo though I wouldn’t go as far to say they will beat us just yet.

I watched highlights of the first half of the game and the key takeaway for me was the speed the jets played at on both sides of the ball, their pace was very impressive and make no mistake are as explosive as us if not more. They are a young team playing with pace and hunger, at least they were for what I saw of the game.
I never buy the argument we will whip them. They are a divisional rival and for as long as I care to remember always play us hard and often beat us. Sunday will be no different imo though I wouldn’t go as far to say they will beat us just yet.

When you know the other teams play signals, your gonna look a bit quicker than the opponent. Let see how the Jets do against a division rival then I'll pat them on the back.......well maybe not.

Back
Top Bottom