Dolphins vs Texans week 1 Q&A | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins vs Texans week 1 Q&A

b0ng

Offseason Blues
Reaction score
Greetings Dolfans, it seems that another annual tilt pitting the Dolphins and the Texans against each other is upon us again. Judging by reading the forum the last few weeks it appears that most Dolphin fans are not very high on their team this year. Relax! If there is one team in the NFL capable of barfing up a game to another team, it's the Texans. So I created this thread to answer any questions you Dolphin fans want to know about the Texans. Want to know about the greatest WR to ever play for the Hurricanes? We can both sing praises to Andre Johnson. Want to know what I think some of the biggest mistakes the Texans made this offseason were? I'll gladly get red faced and begin blubbering about Eric Winston. Should you draft Arian Foster in fantasy? Only if you want to win your league.

I'll start it off for you guys, who do you think Miami's #1 WR will be come Sunday afternoon?

james jones

Is Philbin the kind of coach that would want to trade for a player with a reputation of having the dropsies? I thought they got rid of Marshall for that problem.

Jones is media speculation IMO, nothing more. You'll get Hartline and a mix of Naanee/Armstrong on the outside while Bess works the slot. Hows your secondary? cause if its mediocre, we're fkd...

Dude we could have the second coming of Jerry Rice at WR and we still lose to the Texans...they beat the Fins like a butcher beats his meat....constantly.

0-1....Next

Is Philbin the kind of coach that would want to trade for a player with a reputation of having the dropsies? I thought they got rid of Marshall for that problem.

we got rid of marshall for his off the field issues

Jones is media speculation IMO, nothing more. You'll get Hartline and a mix of Naanee/Armstrong on the outside while Bess works the slot. Hows your secondary? cause if its mediocre, we're fkd...

Jonathan Joseph was legitimately the 3rd best CB in the league in 2011, and Kareem Jackson is a 1st round pick that looked awful his first year and passable his second year. Brice McCain played like one of the best slot corners in the league, and both Danieal Manning and Glover Quin were very good safeties last year. The front 7 pass rush was pretty damn good last year which did help the secondary out tremendously.

You guys lost your top pass rusher and that should help us a bit. Over the years we've had better teams than you and still lost. Some kind of jinx or something.
This year we hope to return the favor. On paper Houston is MUCH better but the games are not played on paper.
21 - 17 Fins pull the upset.

For the record Micheal Irvin is in the hall of fame. A. Johnson may be there some day but not just yet. He still needs a couple superbowls on his record.
Him and Reggie Wayne were a killer combo for the Canes back in the day.

good luck ... not really :)

You guys lost your top pass rusher and that should help us a bit. Over the years we've had better teams than you and still lost. Some kind of jinx or something.
This year we hope to return the favor. On paper Houston is MUCH better but the games are not played on paper.
21 - 17 Fins pull the upset.

For the record Micheal Irvin is in the hall of fame. A. Johnson may be there some day but not just yet. He still needs a couple superbowls on his record.
Him and Reggie Wayne were a killer combo for the Canes back in the day.

good luck ... not really :)

Our top pass rusher last year was Connor Barwin with 11.5 sacks. Next up was Brooks Reid with 6 sacks. JJ Watt and Antonio Smith both had 5.5 and then Mario Williams had only 5 due to his injury. Losing Mario hurts the rotation for sure, but we did draft Mercilus in the 1st round (Out of Ill I believe) so that we can at least have a 3 man rotation like last year.

Attacking the right side of the offensive line would probably be the best avenue of strategy for the Dolphins on defense. On offense I'd test the rush defense as we have been doing not good in the preseason.

Here's a question, why even bother coming here?

I'm one of the most optimistic people here about our team's chances to at least pull out a .500 season and end this three year slide from the fetid swamp of mediocrity into the ghoulish slough of ineptitude that's typically reserved only for Ohio football, and even I'm about ready to just throw my hands in the air and start watching top 25 schools run up 40+ point leads against the likes of DeVry on Saturdays and just sleep right on through the rest of the weekend.

There's got to be like a Texans board you can go hang out on and talk football with folks who haven't been completely and utterly demoralized by an entire decade of soul-crushingly bad football that just keeps getting worse with no end in sight.

Here's a question, why even bother coming here?

I'm one of the most optimistic people here about our team's chances to at least pull out a .500 season and end this three year slide from the fetid swamp of mediocrity into the ghoulish slough of ineptitude that's typically reserved only for Ohio football, and even I'm about ready to just throw my hands in the air and start watching top 25 schools run up 40+ point leads against the likes of DeVry on Saturdays and just sleep right on through the rest of the weekend.

There's got to be like a Texans board you can go hang out on and talk football with folks who haven't been completely and utterly demoralized by an entire decade of soul-crushingly bad football that just keeps getting worse with no end in sight.
I do hang out at texanstalk.com/forums and do most of my posting there. I usually visit other teams forums and try to interact with other teams fans and most of the time I just troll them. I like most of the people here (And I've been registered since '08) and since the Texans seem to play the Dolphins annually I usually come here once a year.

Also, go check out the Texans history and look at some ridiculously soul crushing heartbreak, defeat and ineptitude.

With a name like BONG what's not to like ?

A least he's not a blowhard Jets fan. No offense Junc :)

Back
Top Bottom