Dolphins Waive Dee Delaney | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Waive Dee Delaney

I actually think Howard not playing might be a good thing fur us. Not for this game of course but it gives some young guys a chance to show what they can do, specially going up against NE. Having said that it's hard to judge our DB's when they're having to play without the benefit of a pass rush in front of them but at least we might be able to see which of the young guys could actually help us moving forward.

Davis was the guy the coaches were absolutely raving about all off season and throughout training camp. I was shocked to see Armstrong make the 53 over Davis, with everything that was written about the coaches liking him. Davis has his chance to cement all that confidence the coaches had in him. If both Davis and Armstrong show any kind of playmaking ability and are assignment sound, Miami just may have found their depth to be it's strongest in a very long time at the CB position?

Jalen Davis would get taken to school if he has to play against Brady. Bobby McCain will be taken to school tomorrow as Brady knows how to take full advantage of his weaknesses.

Davis was the guy the coaches were absolutely raving about all off season and throughout training camp. I was shocked to see Armstrong make the 53 over Davis, with everything that was written about the coaches liking him. Davis has his chance to cement all that confidence the coaches had in him. If both Davis and Armstrong show any kind of playmaking ability and are assignment sound, Miami just may have found their depth to be it's strongest in a very long time at the CB position?
All good thoughts. But the far more likely scenario is that Xman is the only starting caliber boundary and McCain is the only starting caliber slot corner currently on our roster.

(I still consider Minkah a safety)

Last edited:
Hey, welcome to Miami, home of the..OK, good luck in the future, bye now.

I’m thinking Armstrong gets snaps on the D and Davis takes his spot on ST.. just a thought.

All good thoughts. But the far more likely scenario is that Xman is the only starting caliber boundary and McCain is the only starting caliber slot corner currently on our roster.

(I still consider Minkah a safety)
I agree with you. But the funny thing is, Fitzpatrick has played so well at the CB position, it may be almost impossible to move him to Safety exclusively? Especially if Miami finds themselves a true FS?

I agree with you. But the funny thing is, Fitzpatrick has played so well at the CB position, it may be almost impossible to move him to Safety exclusively? Especially if Miami finds themselves a true FS?

well, the bright side is minkah and xavien would make a heck of a tandem at CB.

the down side is now we need a FS, and i had visions of minkah as Earl Thomas or Ed Reed back there for us.

He talks about the 2 positions here..

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article222333320.html

Imagine if we found a FS and added a quality DE to this D? Maybe another DT or the the young guys come through- the LB group would be the one big weakness at that point...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom